My 32 Coupe *WARNING FIBERGLASS*

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gastrick, that rod is just too cool for words. :D Wish my 32' had looked like that. I just got sick and tired of cleaning it. :mad: It was "glass" too. Body was from JRS in N. Caroline.
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

And your point IS WHAT?
There is no difference in driving this rig over a vette.
And least to say, any new car or mini-van built in todays world.
Everything is plastic today. Fiber alloy materials, lite-weight, and all will fold up real fast in a head on crash.
Glass is quick and cheap compaired to the barebones, $20K Brooksville roadsters. Its a shame so many people will trash someone for driving a glass rod over real tin. Not everyone is so fortunate in having the real tin available.
Hell the friggen Corvette is one of the most saught after glass rods in the world. Followed by the more expensive Cobra, Lambegieni, and so on.

WHO CARES!

A cool ride is a cool ride. What really sucks, is those who have tin, and then go the cheap on glass for fenders and such, instead if spending the $300+ per fender and rear deck lides and so forth. Hell, if you are gonna smoke someone for having glass ove tin, best make it all tin and not mix it together.
Just my .02 worth on this subject.:eek::rolleyes:

Maximo

Yes, I agree, thats a very nice coupe,love the overall look, the door panels turned out awesome,just the right look. How did you buck the rivets, pneumatic rivet tool or by hand? How long did it take to do all them rivets?

This thread needs to be updated.

well i agree w/ya bonehead, the gastrick coupe is almost like my RRR mascot-(the bonehead truck is hand-in-hand w/it, too)

i don't guess i even knew it was fiberglass--and it really doesn't matter to me, b/c a nice car is a nice car regardless......:cool::cool:

maybe ol' gastrick will see this resurected thread and give it a proper update--hemi and all!![P[P

What is the deal with Fiberglass? here is a pic of my 33 coupe. i dont think it matters what about corvettes? LOL super sweet ride.

Attachments

• DSCN0502.jpg
    DSCN0502.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 30
well i agree w/ya bonehead, the gastrick coupe is almost like my RRR mascot-(the bonehead truck is hand-in-hand w/it, too)

i don't guess i even knew it was fiberglass--and it really doesn't matter to me, b/c a nice car is a nice car regardless......:cool::cool:

maybe ol' gastrick will see this resurected thread and give it a proper update--hemi and all!![P[P

not going to lie.. i didnt know it was fiberglass either.. i agree though.. doesnt matter to me

hey corpo-the gastrick coupe proves what i've thought for a while--that a fiberglass car CAN be a traditional build--they don't have to be all cookie-cutter paint&billet......or fake-rusted either....

as much as i would love to have a duece coupe, i can't even afford a 'glass one:(

hey scooter you've got a nice looking car, too[cl

Thanks fellas. You're correct bonehead, the old photos are outdated a little bit. For the folks that didn't know my coupe was plastic, sorry about that. I don't try to hide it or mislead, I guess I just hadn't mentioned it lately.

Here are some updated photos:

Latest posts

Back