My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More on the channel... welded the reveal back on after moving it up 4 1/2". Next I'll rework & fill the corners in... then on to the front. Can't wait to install the Bitchin' Products floor kit... that'll really get me really motivated! Here's the progression!

BoB

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 131
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 124
  • welded.jpg
    welded.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 156
A little every day!

Well... I've been trying to work on my truck a little every day & have gotten the reveal relocated 4 1/2" up & rebuilt the wings that hang down on each side. Now I'm moving to the front to raise those body mounts up & get the body mounted after the channel. Gonna order a flooring kit from Bitchin' Products next week. After all... I started this thread in May of 2007... enough's enough!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Hey Bob, It's not like you've been sitting on your hands since 2007. There's a Panel Gasser & a Chevelle that I know of. Glad you're motivated cuz we want to see the finished product.

Reveal!

Ok... i raised the reveal up 4 1/2" for the channel & nearly got finished B4 I had to go to a function with Mrs. Tripper. A little sanding & rattle can tomorrow & on to the front of the channel & then mounting the cab to the frame & floorboards. Yippeee... I'll b drivin' this sucker in no time!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• reveal1.jpg
    reveal1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 121
  • reveal2.jpg
    reveal2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 122
Channel

I got the reveal on the back of the cab finished & have moved on to the front body (cab) mounts. I cut the old mounts off & will reuse them. This area was a little funky & needed some strengthening. I used a piece of the orig firewall for this piece & it has just enough for the unfinished driver's side too. I love recyclin' parts of the truck I cut off... it makes me feel good. The 1st picture is what the 2nd one looked like B4 I started. Now on to the other one, a lil grindin' & then put the mounts back on & build the flooring!

BoB

Attachments

• undone.jpg
    undone.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 135
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 164
FINALLY!!!

Finally got the sucker channeled!!! Yipppeeeee... on to the floors etc!!!

BoB

Attachments

• channel.jpg
    channel.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 271
Christmas in May!

Got the flooring kit for my truck... beautiful stuff from Bitchin' Products! Yippppeee!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• flooring.jpg
    flooring.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back