My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the motor to idle pretty easily. Thank goodness my grouchy neighbor did not show her face today. I walked away from her yesterday but I wasn't in the mood today so it was for the best!!! [ddd Gotta fill the tranny B4 I do my break-in run & hopefully I can do a lil spin around da blocks shortly. Also gonna make a better video! :D

BoB

Crazy

I'm looking at that radical chop on the sedan behind the truck in a couple of the pics. What's the story on that?

Sweet! Sounds great. I can't believe those rockers don't throw oil all over the place - but I guess that's how they are designed?

Sweet! Sounds great. I can't believe those rockers don't throw oil all over the place - but I guess that's how they are designed?

Irish,
They do throw a lil oil but it's mainly where the rocker meets the pushrod! I think it's gonna be pretty quick... especially since it's hardly gonna weigh anything! :D

BoB

Man that thing sounds awesome, now I can't wait for the video of you doing figure 8's in front of your grouchy neighbor's house! :D

Man, that sounds sweet! Never had a 'built' nailhead but drove a '57 Special 364 w/Dynaflow for ten years. Flat white all over (including bumpers) and scallops, had shorty glass packs all the way at the front and about a mile of 2" exiting out the bumper ends, it just had a nice rumble when you were poking around but when you cracked the throttle it "cackled" like you wouldn't believe [ddd Thanks for bringing back memories of my first 'Rat'............didn't even know it was a 'Rat' at the time. :D

Here's the big Nailhead in all it's glory! A few more small things to do by this is basically it with the way kool Bonehead cow skulls. Hope to have the 1st drive next week!!! Yipppeee!!!

Man, that sounds sweet! Never had a 'built' nailhead but drove a '57 Special 364 w/Dynaflow for ten years. Flat white all over (including bumpers) and scallops, had shorty glass packs all the way at the front and about a mile of 2" exiting out the bumper ends, it just had a nice rumble when you were poking around but when you cracked the throttle it "cackled" like you wouldn't believe [ddd Thanks for bringing back memories of my first 'Rat'............didn't even know it was a 'Rat' at the time. :D

SF,
I hear ya... my Dad loved Buicks & Caddys. My fav's were his '53 that had a split manifold & he had a beautiful gold '59 with the Wildcat 445 motor & those huge fins. That sucker would eat some highway. I love the way it sounded when you kikked it into passing gear on the hiway... OMG!!!

BoB

Attachments

• bignail.jpg
    bignail.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 82
Wrappin' up the small stuff & workin' on my bombers. A pal from school bent these mounts up for me & I'll make some alum pieces & rivet them up a lil... Gastrick style! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 52
Tach installed & now ready to properly break this new motor in... hope my neighbors ain't sleepin'!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I'm not really fond of mufflers on a ratty so I just gonna have about a 14" pipe that I'll make baffles for & then have turn downs. Thought I'd ck at the auto parts store for pipe & lo & behold I found some pre-bent pipe that should fit the bill & a long straight piece. Can't wait to weld 'um up tomorrow... pictures will follow of course!

BoB

Here's my exhaust system! [ddd I left one turn down off to show how short they are! Got the pipe for the baffles today & will make them tomorrow. I'll stuff it all with steel wool & let 'um rip... can't wait to hear! :D

BoB

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back