My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built these baffles & stuffed them with steel wool. After I stuffed the baffles I put a gold scour pad at the bottom to keep the regular stuff from being blown out. The gold pad took about 15-20 min to put in... it definitely ain't comin' out!!! I welded a strip of metal on the top of the baffles to keep them centered in the pipe & then stuffed more steel wool around the outside. I drilled a 1" hole in the end & then cut 4 divits around the edges & welded them in. Sounds really good & should sound even better once some of the steel wool gets burned out!

BoB

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 71
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 72
  • -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 69
  • -4.jpg
    -4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 71
It gets hot in a black truck so I insulated the inside with bubble-pac house insulation from Lowes! Shot this with my fisheye! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• insulate.jpg
    insulate.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 106
How well does that insulation work? I have a whole roll of that stuff just laying around....

Paul,
It works great but the bubble-pac doesn't have any sticky on either side so you have to apply it to the car then put it on. One roll did my truck with a lil left over. Don't use it on the floor because it will pop like regular bubble wrap. I use 'Peel & Stick' roofing sealer form Lowes on the floor.

BoB

Cool pic ! I use that bubble pac insulation on every car I build, often use 2 layers since it's cheap. I've taken to using construction adhesive (PL700) 'cause in the hot weather contact cement wont hold it on the roof, especially on a black car.

I've taken to using construction adhesive (PL700) 'cause in the hot weather contact cement wont hold it on the roof, especially on a black car.

I used Weldwood Gel Contact Cement. Seems good so far but our Tejas weather should put it to the test! :eek:

BoB

digging the shifter, among other things. Cool shot.

Yeah... some Bonehead made that for me!!! [ddd

After a few years these got a lil dingy so 1/2 a jar of Mother's Alum Polish was called into service. Polishing alum is a really dirty job but well worth the effort. This call foto really doesn't do them justice! Waitin' on windshield rubber as we speak! :D

BoB

Attachments

• covers.jpg
    covers.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 29
I just got the finishing touch for my PU... this totally awesome bottle opener from the Bonehead! Way kool!!!!!!!! :eek::D[ddd:D:eek:

BoB

Attachments

• Boneheadskull.jpg
    Boneheadskull.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 31
Well... I exorcised one more demon! Motor would run for about 3 or 4 minutes & stumble so I bumped the fuel pressure up from 2 1/2 to 3 1/4 lbs & that took care of that! Still stumbles on the center carb when I gas it but I'll straighten that out shortly too. When I hit all 3 carbs... it sounds *really* awesome... gonna be a street terror!!! [ddd

Far out, do we still say that?

Only us old cats!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Wanted to go with a small motorcycle battery but it ran down too quick so I changed direction & welded in a regular size bat box!

BoB

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 45
Wanted to go with a small motorcycle battery but it ran down too quick so I changed direction & welded in a regular size bat box!

BoB

:rolleyes: Thanks a lot, I'll be headin' over to my build thread and deleting the pics of the battery box I made.......yours makes mine look like a booger :eek:

Get that thing going man! It's killing me waiting on a good cruising video :D
[P[P

Motor seemed like it was starved for fuel so I bumped the pressure up & now it runs like the monster it is... just gotta hook up the battery & shifter. Look out folks... da ol Tripper's fix'n to tear up da streets!!! Now I just gotta find me one of them thar new "muscle cars"!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Latest posts

Back