My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brakes!

Well I feel like I've gotten over a big hump! I got a brake line kit from Speedway today & plan on getting the brake & fuel lines done B4 I start on the flooring. Wiring is the next biggie & then burnin' up some asphalt!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Firewall!

I'm so close to finishin' this truck I've got the itch to get it on the road asap. After channeling it 4 1/2" I had to cut the recessed Bitchin' Products firewall down to match. I measured it off in the 1st shot... cut that section in the 2nd shot & welded it back up in the 3rd. I also fitted the under the floor brake petal & master cylinder. I'm waitin' on some more brake line parts to get here & then on to the brake lines.

BoB

Attachments

• FireB4.jpg
    FireB4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 69
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 70
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 72
Extension!

After I cut the firewall down in height... it isn't deep enough so I used the metal I cut out & welded 2" strips to the sides for some depth to clear the heads. I still need to weld in another concave piece to clear the dizzy in back. Gonna mock up the floorboards up & then I'll set the brake petal & under the floorboard master cylinder. Then it's on to plumbin' the brakes. I see the lite @ the end of da tunnel! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• firewallchop2.jpg
    firewallchop2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 91
Let there be brakes!

I'm so close to gettin' my brakes plumbed up I thought I'd take a few daze off & get with the program. Here I'm mockin' up the brake petal... next... the MC.

BoB

Attachments

• brakepetal.jpg
    brakepetal.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 114
After I cut the firewall down in height... it isn't deep enough so I used the metal I cut out & welded 2" strips to the sides for some depth to clear the heads. I still need to weld in another concave piece to clear the dizzy in back. Gonna mock up the floorboards up & then I'll set the brake petal & under the floorboard master cylinder. Then it's on to plumbin' the brakes. I see the lite @ the end of da tunnel! :D:D:D

BoB

I've come to the conclusion that it is easier to just build your own parts. Universal parts don't seen to work for me.

The HF sheetmetal brake, shrinker/stretcher, and bench shear were wonderful investments for me.

I need to build an english wheel next.

Oh yeah, GOOD JOB!!!!

Master cylinder!

Got the master cylinder mocked up & now just need to weld both units in.

BoB

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 108
Didn't mean to hijack your thread Tripper...nice work on your truck, coming along well ..you'll be burnin rubber soon!!

Partz!

Some Christmas presents came the ol Tripper's way on Friday! Clamps, residual valves, proportioning valve & in-line brake light switch! Gittin closer!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• partz.jpg
    partz.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 67
Firewall!

Dizzy is in the back & it's real close back there so I welded in a lil extra space & it fits perfectly!

BoB

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 78
I wish i couldve been there to understand how you did the channeling better while you were doing it, looks great, lovin the rake!!!

Just hope it all comes together quickly and smoothly from here onwards for you! can't wait to see it all together.

Latest posts

Back