My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got caught up on this thread. I love the choices you've made as far as engine and suspension and I'm so jealous over the soon to be quick change rear. I really can't wait to see this one come together

Thanks!

Thanks guys... it's really the truck I've always wanted to build. Always wanted a quick change rear end and I intend on drivin' this PU all over the place so I wanted it to look good, handle well, cruise easy & melt asphalt. I ordered 3 gears sets. High gear ratios of... 3.04:1, 3.35:1 & 3.78:1. And low gears of OMG... 5.56:1, 5.04:1 & 4.46:1. That should take care of the road & the streets! Photos as soon as the rear comes in!

BoB

Quick change!

My quick change came in & I had to take a quick pict with my cell fone... more later! This thing is *absolutely* beautiful!!!

BoB

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 133
More pictures!

I've always wanted one of these rear ends but had not really seen one up so close... really an incredible piece of machinery. Now I don't want to put a bed on my truck to cover it up!!! And ck these gears... they're HUGE!!! Pretty sure they can handle the Nail's power!!! I also got the disc brake setup... more on that as this comes together! I can't wait!!!

BoB

Attachments

• closerear.jpg
    closerear.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 99
  • yoke.jpg
    yoke.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 88
  • whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 106
  • gears.jpg
    gears.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 90
Break in!?

Do you need me to break that in for ya until your truck is done?

Gastrick,
Yes... I'm afraid I may not be able to break it in properly so I'll be sendin' to ya as I think u'll know the proper thing to do! Thanks for u're help! ; - >

BoB

That is sweet!

Tripper,
That QC is really nice! I can't wait to see it installed!

ISore

I love it when it starts comin' together!

Yep... I love it when it starts comin' together! Here are the latest shots... sorry about the quality of the fotos but u get the idea! I can't wait to hit the streets with this bad boy & yes... it'll be channeled!!! Gonna mock up the front sheet metal next! Yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!

BoB

Attachments

• body2.jpg
    body2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 192
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 238
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 179
wow, that is all i have to say. so are the plans still fendered, no hood? because i am getting excited and i am two states away! :p

yeah that looks a lot like the green truck that we talked about before. a different grill if i remember correctly though. i know you are getting excited now. all your new shiney toys get to be welded in place.

...so jealous

Fenders

Well... I just have glass front fenders & am lookin' for a pair of real truck front fenders but here is the front end mocked up & the rear suspension welded up!

BoB

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 232
  • rear1.jpg
    rear1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 164
  • brace1.jpg
    brace1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 159

Latest posts