My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Dairyland Auto. There on the web. That sucks about the glass, I know you don't want to cut it but now may be a good time. BTW nice score on the 57.

Still workin on the insurance thing and yeah the glass thing sux I have no idea what to do besides cutting :(

Thanx!! Yeah I got that for the girlfriend :)

yeah the glass thing sux I have no idea what to do besides cutting :(

I got a chance to look it over. This is gonna be a little late, but the way you chopped it and split it right on the ridge is comming back to bite you.The norm, but more work is to make two cuts on either side of the ridge that way it doesnt change the angle and is easier to keep straight.I had made a flat cardboard template on mine to help check that a piece of glass would lay flat and touch all four corners.I hate to say it but your probably going to have to recut to get it flat again.Any pics showing the fit may help to figure out the best approach to fix the problem.

Attachments

• 1942%20chop%20pic.jpg
    1942%20chop%20pic.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 38
I got a chance to look it over. This is gonna be a little late, but the way you chopped it and split it right on the ridge is comming back to bite you.The norm, but more work is to make two cuts on either side of the ridge that way it doesnt change the angle and is easier to keep straight.I had made a flat cardboard template on mine to help check that a piece of glass would lay flat and touch all four corners.I hate to say it but your probably going to have to recut to get it flat again.Any pics showing the fit may help to figure out the best approach to fix the problem.

Well I think we got it figured out but I need to get to the glass shop so they can work on it here - I am gonna do everything I can to avoid having to cut into it again

Congratulations! Your rig looks and sounds great Lucky! Easing it back into the shop was a great show of willpower. I would have caved to temptation and romped it down the street!:D

Congratulations! Your rig looks and sounds great Lucky! Easing it back into the shop was a great show of willpower. I would have caved to temptation and romped it down the street!:D

Thanx Mike!!! Yeah it was really hard not to take it around the block LOL But I think I may take it out later today if the weather is better ;)

Latest posts

Back