My BBC has arrived.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg!

Actually you can hear it run and it sounds wicked. Click the linkage and turn up the volume.

OMG! That has to be a handfull to drive with such a short wheelbase. Definitely NOT for the faint of heart! Awesome!

ISore

Last edited:
You guys will be proud of me.
Yeah, yeah, the computer 3d stuff is cool, but there is nothing like mocking it up and pulling out the chairs for an extended eyeballing.:D

I know you all know what I am talking about.:cool:

Attachments

• Topo mock up 002 (Medium).jpg
    Topo mock up 002 (Medium).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Topo mock up 004 (Medium).jpg
    Topo mock up 004 (Medium).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Topo mock up 005 (Medium).jpg
    Topo mock up 005 (Medium).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 10
What's that next to the cabinet? Looks like a futuristic bonneville car.

Are you going to Hollywood Hot Rods open house this Sunday, Oct 21 ?

The furturistic thing is a soapbox car. A modified Jr dragster. roll bar moved back and down, split rear axle, dual disk brakes, and a 5 point seat belt.
The driver just about lays down. Should do well. No I am not driving :eek:.... what do you think I am, crazy?:rolleyes:

A bunch of club members (Yakity-Yaks) are going but I cant make it.

Looking Good!

That mock up looks good and I know you REALLY got your gears a turning now! And as far as BBC they are awesome! I'm running a 60 over 427 tall deck BBC in my tudor and I'm getting close to firing it up too! OH yea! My 4-door duelly has a 454 in it and there is nothing like the rumbble of a BBC! Good luck with the swap and build and of course keep the pics coming!!

Attachments

• 427.jpg
    427.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
I knew if I watched long enough I would find some BBC guys around here....
I LOVE this stuff. I miss the smell of race gas and the rumble of the engines..... You know you've been into rock crawling too long when you build a 350hp SBC for a crawler.

So let me make sure I understand here, the rod in your shop is only there for the engine for YOUR build and you are going to help the kid work on the rod in exchange for the engine? And the engine is going into the soapbox car? Or is it too early on a Sunday morning and I haven't had enough coffee and I missed the whole thing? :eek:

I'm putting either a 69 396 (police) or a 70 402 (truck) in my 30 A build. I'm and intake fool, so I already have this for it.
6dcb_1.jpg

I would rather have done a 3 deuces on the A, but I'll only have about $350 into the ram. So, it's a start.

My 18 Dodge (which gets built first) is getting this. I know, it's a SBC....
dd0e_1.jpg

I had to get it, it's one of the intakes I ran on my Camaro in High School - right down to the old school velocity stacks. The other intake was this one - taken on the car.
Z283x2.jpg

That mock up looks good and I know you REALLY got your gears a turning now! And as far as BBC they are awesome! I'm running a 60 over 427 tall deck BBC in my tudor and I'm getting close to firing it up too! OH yea! My 4-door duelly has a 454 in it and there is nothing like the rumbble of a BBC! Good luck with the swap and build and of course keep the pics coming!!

I dig those valve covers.

The motor will be coming out very soon. He is still sorting out his flathead so there is no big hurry. I want to build an A-frame for the shop and I think I will try itj out on pulling that motor.

The flattie goes in the soapbox and the big block goes on a stand and in the livingroom as a conversation piece.:D After you shut it down, you can have a conversation about it.:D

Maddog,
OK, here goes.....

The Jr. dragster looks friggin awsome, the BBC sounds BAD@$$, and the TOPO.....just build it the way you have it mocked up right there.

You might want to build a set of wheelie bars too.

Latest posts

Back