my ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so i dont know what will happen but this is what i want to do: 500ci caddy motor that i have, m22 muncie rock crusher, ford 9" rear end, late 30's (any manufacturer their all sweet) pickup. i just wanna put it out there cause i dont see any builds like that. let me know what you think. this is my first build and i will be teachin myself a lot, so any ideas and/or info would be helpful thanks..and if you have an extra m22 layin around let me know:D

Last edited:
What kind of skills and equipment do you have, and are you going to do it all yourself, or farm some out? Sounds like you have a good plan.

what i have

well i have a recip. saw and basic hand tools and I'm gonna roll my neighbors welder over when necessary..more like he'll keep it in my garage and get it when he needs it...as for car parts i have the motor and I'll be junkyard diving all summer. still looking for a shell and frame preferably a roller...but I'm still undecided on a body...I'm starting to like the 47-52 fords..as for skills i have basic mechanic skills i went to school for auto tech.

Hey guys,
Don't forget that the 500Cad motor, or the crank in it, wasn't drilled to accept a pilot bearing from a man trans.(I don't think soo anyway)

www.cad500parts.com

www.500cid.com

There is another site, can't remember right now......

Also, keep in mind that those motors are "TORQUE MONSTERS"

I will remember more tonight...

I had plans to use one a few years ago. There is a site with forums, Cowboy 7 I think it was called. They also have the flywheel and other stuff for sale to stick shift a 472/500. Also there is a guy, goes by Schraeders, he has built them and offered a lot of help. I think you may be able to find him on the HAMB. I had communicated with him on an invite only board. He had a Model A coupe with a 500, 6 speed.

Latest posts

Back