My mad house

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built myself a tire rack. Made it from 1x2x.125 tubing. Lagged in to the beams of the barn, the shlf next to it that is supported by the trusses, and the end wall. Seems sturdy enough.....

IMG_20140526_151258_671_zpsm1sqx0hv.jpg

Had a good score yesterday for the shop!!! Picked up some 4/0 4 strands to run a new service to the barn. Currently it only has a 50A service, now I will be able to have 150A!!! But I am only going to be able to supply 100 at my current incoming feed :( . Good news for this is though that the wire only cost me $35 instead of $350! I am good with that.

Looks really nice. Wish I had one just like it. Sorry to have missed all the fun but I'm with the grand kids this week end. [cl Maybe next time

I got wood......

IMG_20141106_203206_741_zpsdjf7bolv.jpg

Got all my supplies now for the 16ft leanto on the back of the barn. Looking forward to that. Getting the roof up this year. Hoping to close in 2 of the sides next year.

Started construction the last couple days. Slow going when you are doing it yourself. Had to move the shed over a few feet to make room for one of the posts. But managed to get the posts up and ledgers in place. Still need to get the bolts through the ledgers then on to the rafters.
IMG_20141111_155123_463_zpsbodalrkb.jpg

Tends to happen when you part time manage the Hobby shop you are parked in front of..... LOL besides that was after the shop closed and the Krogers next door is under construction.

Slow going doing it by yourself. 6 joist to go, somehow I screwed up and didn't get enough hangers. My arms are like Jello from all the hammering. It will be worth it in the end. Those are 2x8x18. Putting them up alone was not a lot of fun....

IMG_20141115_080305_238_zpsj1z1r1rd.jpg

Latest posts

Back