my new 1950 Chevy 5 window!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talked to dmw today figureing out my master plan with him. (thanks dude! alot of help)
looked up brake kits on speedway motors not too bad @ ~250. not %100 sure which one i need. I decided to keep the cab, front axle and bed and craigslist the rest.
looking for a donor for a v8 and going to build my own frame hopefully... just need to find someone to help me out with that haha.
here is my quick concept sketch (my first time ever drawing a car)

Attachments

• rides.JPG
    rides.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 39
update!

been tearing at it daily for the past week got it almost down to the frame.
that crazy rebar is a pain in the butt to remove.
since this picture was taken i got the "bumper" off and all the wiring and hoses as well. all the glass is out except the front windshield.

Attachments

• IMG00201-20091111-1243.jpg
    IMG00201-20091111-1243.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 41
So you're going to totally destroy a desireable five-window cab, just to make an ugly, fenderless roadster pickup!?! :confused:

Sorry, just have to ask...WHY!!??!![S

AD's need fenders, just don't look right without 'em.

Shea

Find Tiny1's build thread of his fenderless AD not a roadster but one of the nicest looking rides I've seen. It can be done.

As far as AD's they are a dime a dozen around here. I know of at least 50 sitting in fields and yards for sale no less in a 50 mile radius from my house and that's no exageration.

Find Tiny1's build thread of his fenderless AD not a roadster but one of the nicest looking rides I've seen. It can be done.

As far as AD's they are a dime a dozen around here. I know of at least 50 sitting in fields and yards for sale no less in a 50 mile radius from my house and that's no exageration.

Respectfully-I've seen Tiny1 truck and don't find it attractive.

IMHO, AD's need fenders. Somehow, the similar era Ford products (such as yours and HotRodPreacher's) tend to look pretty ok when stripped of their fenders.

Must be nice to live in the desert. ALL the AD's anywhere within close driving range of me are rotten junk...and overpriced rotten junk at that...unless they come from one or two local "antique importers" who bring stuff up from the south-but of course, you pay through the a$$ for that.:(

Yone, I should apologise for my thoughtless earlier posting. It was inconsiderate of me to knock down your vision and dreams. Build as you would. I just have a hard time seeing ANY AD molested, it's the one vehicle I've wanted since I was a boy and I know I'll never be able to have (cuz I'm not allowed to afford it) soooo....I get a little passionate about 'em.

Respectfully,
Shea:)

honestly i changed my mind... i am going kustom. bowatjr6969's 1948 "razor" is kinda what i had in mind. i just had plenty of time to think about it and visualize what i really want out of it. i decided to go era correct but to my own style. i have a good rendering of what i want but not with me. hopefully one day i will have a 30s car that i can go fenderless with but for the time being i have this truck to work with.

I guess Shea Laking will really take offense at what I have done to a solid, 11,000 original mile '48 6400, eh? He was good enough, and kind enough to apologize for trashing your plan, so all is well.

The drawing you were asking about earlier is identified in one of my first posts. It is a concept by Thom Taylor, August 2007, Rod & Custom. Have you decided which way to go yet? Sounds like you might have changed direction.

Will keep watching with interest either way. Good luck!

Here's one of my favorite Chevy trucks - a sectioned and channeled 52. It's not a 5 window but it's along the same lines as your original drawing.

I love this truck!

Attachments

• 52 Chevy Rat truck sectioned 11 inches.jpg number 2.jpg
    52 Chevy Rat truck sectioned 11 inches.jpg number 2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back