My "new" motorcycle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thevoicenurhead

Just wanted to show off my new toy. Its a 1972 Yamaha XS650. I bought it for the purpsoe of making a hardtail bobber but now that I've had it for a while I might be changing my own mind. For '72 its in great shape and runs like a new bike. I might just have to buy one in worse shape to chop up.
xs650.jpg

What ever you decide, You have a great bike to work with they make great smaller choppers or bobbers. I have built a few 650s and loved everyone. Wish I had one now. keep us posted on what you do with it.

I really dig that old school rat bike chooper on walking dead and it wouldn't cost too much to go that way

daryl.jpg

Nice bike. Much like my 69 Triumph but more realiable. Here's a pic of my 73 CB750. I'm not sure what you would call it, just took off all that did'nt make it run, lengthened the swing arm 4 inchs, matt paint and eazy to put back to stock. What ever you do i'm sure it will be great. [P

Attachments

• MC022.jpg
    MC022.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
when i was a kid back in the 70's and 80's the guys with harley's were calling them ratbikes. I don't know if there was a non union epitaph included in that or not but I think rat bikes were rat bikes when rat rods were still Jalopies and hotrods.

Latest posts

Back