my new"" plymouth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much would you say to cut on the front?

I cut 1 coil out of each spring and that was enough to slam it...more than I wanted to. It actually still rode OK except on big bumps. Unbolt the lower A-arm at the point where it attaches to the frame and the spring will drop out. Easy.

I would cut 1/2 coil at a time out of each spring and go from there.

I cut 1 coil out of each spring and that was enough to slam it...more than I wanted to. It actually still rode OK except on big bumps. Unbolt the lower A-arm at the point where it attaches to the frame and the spring will drop out. Easy.

I would cut 1/2 coil at a time out of each spring and go from there.

im already at 5 in clearance -- how much lower would cutting out a 1/2 coil put me? keep in mind this will be a daily.

im already at 5 in clearance -- how much lower would cutting out a 1/2 coil put me? keep in mind this will be a daily.

I'm not exactly sure on the total clearance but here are two pics showing before and after I cut 1 coil. The suspension was just touching the bumps stops so was pretty much bottomed out.

And then a couple of the rear before & after 4 in lowering blocks

Attachments

• CIMG0796.jpg
    CIMG0796.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG0801.jpg
    CIMG0801.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG1611.JPG
    CIMG1611.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG1614.JPG
    CIMG1614.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm not exactly sure on the total clearance but here are two pics showing before and after I cut 1 coil. The suspension was just touching the bumps stops so was pretty much bottomed out.

And then a couple of the rear before & after 4 in lowering blocks

i think im as far down as i can get .. i went ahead and removed 3/4 of a coil in the front and the frame is sitting about 5 in off the ground under the car now as well as the back bumper ... i still have some wheel clearance but if i lose another in. ill be dragging a lot more than i care to ...

That sounds just about perfect to me. I didn't have problems with bottoming out, but I did have problems with big bumps!

That sounds just about perfect to me. I didn't have problems with bottoming out, but I did have problems with big bumps!

got a few ok days with no rain before it started today again.. didnt really get a whole lot accomplished though ... at least thats how i feel.
drvside.jpg

i did move the gas filler but having trouble with the door i made so i may just move it to the trunk ... i dont know yet .. still thinking about it...
gassfiller.jpg

also,

need some input on how to run the exhaust ...
exhback.jpg

or
exhout.jpg

or
i could run like no.2 but dual on each side ...
so lemme know what ya think

Personally, I like the first one better because the shrink ridges on the bend look funny.
Frenched exhaust is cool either way!

Personally, I like the first one better because the shrink ridges on the bend look funny.
Frenched exhaust is cool either way!

well they would be pulled in almost flush and will have body fabbed around them also that looks like the body so i dont think the bends would be visible... i think i like the dual idea but then id have to get 2 more tips and connect them :/ lol

i wanted them up and back but the ol lady says they look funny

If you're going to make them flush with the body, then the first one is cool. These flat-sixes sound cool with a glasspack, btw.

If you're going to make them flush with the body, then the first one is cool. These flat-sixes sound cool with a glasspack, btw.

theyre just straight pipe right now ... i know a guy that makes a 14in glasspack though ... i have them on my mercury ... think id get a better sound with them? i kinda like the straights.

just some updates on it.. replaced the brake lines and hoses and wheel cylinder...
got the floor pans in and finished
front

frontfp.jpg

back
rearfp.jpg

.. also got the visor on
fronply.jpg

and
have the sides shaved down, made rocker panels
and have the body ready *rough* for the exhaust to come out
passply.jpg

update.

nothing real exciting .. just some body work here and there removed all the trunk stuff ... ran all new wiring for the lights fuel gauge sender and got them all up and running .. even the dome light inside ... did some of the dash .. dimmer on the dash light is shot ... did get bored and made this for a new trunk handle though [cl well i like it anyway lol
skullemblem.jpg

Latest posts

Back