My Trip to Altus AFB This Week

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
So I had to travel to Altus AFB this week to make a few repairs. I flew into Wichita Falls & drove to Altus. As I was driving there something caught my eye. I was in a hurry to get to the base so I decided to stop on my way back to the airport when I leave. Here is what I saw from the road:

081.jpg

And this is what I found when I got tout to take a look.

018-1.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

031.jpg

I was trespassing on someone's property so I ran around taking pictures before I got in trouble & wishing I could take just one of them home with me. Sad to see this stuff just wasting away into the earth. Here is a sign about 200 feet from where I found these.

082.jpg

And of course you are going to save some of that right?? [P

Or tell us all exactly where it is so we can try and revive some.

Looks like quite the pile of old tin with definite possibilities. [dr

On my way out of Altus, I found this Plymouth tucked back in an old transmission shop. If anyone lives close by & wants to make a call . . .

016.jpg

017-1.jpg

Yeah, exactly. I wished I could have spent more time there, but I was getting nervous walking around someone's property without their permission. If I lived closer I would definitely try to snag at least one of them.

i live in altus and know where these pics were taken. i have never stopped in vernon but have drove by that location hundreds of times. they are cleaning up that area for the new hi way construction. didn't realise there was vehicles there in that good of shape

Brad

i live in altus and know where these pics were taken. i have never stopped in vernon but have drove by that location hundreds of times. they are cleaning up that area for the new hi way construction. didn't realise there was vehicles there in that good of shape

Brad

Get your butt over there and start saving!!!

Latest posts

Back