My Uncle's Model A Roller

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungBlood

Last edited:
That's a really neat project but I'm a little confused. The pix are rather dark and for me it's hard to tell but it looks to me like a model A cowl section with a model T body. Does anyone else see it like that too?

Anyway it's cool keep those pics coming, but maybe put a little more light on it. :D

That's a really neat project but I'm a little confused. The pix are rather dark and for me it's hard to tell but it looks to me like a model A cowl section with a model T body. Does anyone else see it like that too?

Cool project but I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a Model A cowl with a Modet T rear body section.

I thought something was up when I saw it in person.

It is all steel so it might have been cut and had a Model T rear section installed; if that were the case someone had done a really good job because its smooth as hell.

I have never seen a Model A like that either but thats what the Title reads.

When he bought the shell it came with an old black and white photo of it running at the salt flats with a Tunnel Ram and on the back of the pic it read: 186 mph and a date from the 50's next to it. It would be cool if it truly was an old salt flat car.

I enlarged the picture, trying to see better, but it was still too dark. However, I do agree that it looks like a '28-29 A cowl with a '26-27 T coupe back section grafted on and the top cut off to make a roadster. You are right, looks like a good job of putting it together.

As for the 1950's picture, can you shoot a picture of it and post it? I'm curious because of the tunnel ram thing and the supposed date. Tunnel rams didn't come out until late '60's maybe '70's. Or maybe it was some homemade intake, and that would be equally cool to see.

In any event, it is a neat old car. I actually like T's done as a coupester like this, the flat top around the cockpit looks cool IMO.

Don

I check and see if I can get my uncle to scan the photo. As far as the date, it could have been the 60's for all I remember. He and I get a good one going with his homemade beer.

It's was a really neat looking rod back in the day from the pic, except the car appears to be more set up for drag in the picture rather than for bonneville. The seller could have been blowing smoke and just wrote 186 mph, or the previous seller before him, who knows.

If you use the img code when you post photobucket you can save everyone having to click and open the link

July2008122.jpg

Latest posts

Back