Mystery rat rod in HRM

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for all the welcomes - it's much appreciated. I've actually been a member on the other forum for quite a while. I appreciate that a lot of very knowledgeable people hang out there and this hasn't necessarily changed my respect for their skills, opinions, insights and experience. That said, I guess I didn't cross any lines before. A lesson well learned if I end up over there again.
Ronnysplymouth - I know what you mean. I've already posted it to my Facebook page, e-mailed it to a bunch of people, and printed up a copy in the hope of putting it on the fridge when my wife's not looking :)

Now that's funny....

NO RATROD FOR YOU! now get off the forum and go to RRR....[ddd (ratrod nazi lol)[/QUOTE]

Rules are rules, even if there are none.:confused:
The other site is for pre-64 TRADITIONAL Hot Rods.
This site is for traditionally built rat rods.
Its funny but there is a build similar to your mystery HRM
RR on the other site..... using Cadillac quarters....mmmmmm
I guess I still remember when a Hot Rod was a car you built in
your garage with whatever parts you could scrounge.....I helped
work on a few and NONE had a mirror paint job or much chrome.
Nowadays a Hot Rod is what most people remember their car SHOULD have looked like if they had the money and tools they have now.....memories....:rolleyes:

I have to say that I am really glad that I saw this thread before I do anything stupid somewhere else........I really enjoy this forum and the people on it. Rat Rods do Rule and take us back to grass roots rodding, there is room for everyone but I have never been a big fan of high dollar checkwriters.

both forums have there benifits. I am on both,I have to be careful what I say on the other. we have seen this rat run in salina ks, at the friday night drags.it is a bad ass machine. by the way welcome to RRR.

sites

Flicking through the latest issue of Hot Rod, and I'm just about done when I come across a teaser pic from the next issue (lurking just inside the back cover) of a superb looking rat rod. I've been all over it with a magnifying glass and throwing everything I can see into searches without any luck. I'm just too impatient to wait a month - anybody have any idea who built it? It's so cool - the stance, the '57 Coronet rear quarter panels, the monster tires, the injection stacks - I love it [dr
Okay time for a rant. Tried to post this question on another rodding forum and it was deleted in no time flat with a PM that stated "we don't discuss rat rods - stay on topic". I always thought hot rodding came about as a way of rebelling against the status quo, and now I come to find out that if a rod doesn't have a show winning paint job and a ton of billet it's not even worthy of "discussion" on a rodding forum. Really - you can't even talk about it? Now hot rodding has become the status quo? That sucks. Some of these guys need to look back at the cars that were built and raced when rodding first started and try to find the seamless bodywork and flawless paint they consider to be the standard that they now hold everyone to. I love big money, well engineered cars as much as anyone, but it doesn't sit well when others in the hobby get all high and mighty and start dictating to others about what's acceptable and what isn't. I read the mission statement for RRR when I first joined, and I couldn't agree with it more. This forum rocks. Okay, I feel better now :)

soumds like you will never go to that site again we welcome you here with open arms we discuss all topics

Flicking through the latest issue of Hot Rod, and I'm just about done when I come across a teaser pic from the next issue (lurking just inside the back cover) of a superb looking rat rod. I've been all over it with a magnifying glass and throwing everything I can see into searches without any luck. I'm just too impatient to wait a month - anybody have any idea who built it? It's so cool - the stance, the '57 Coronet rear quarter panels, the monster tires, the injection stacks - I love it [dr
. Okay, I feel better now :)

i feel better too.
what a neat car!

Thanks guys. I get the feeling that everything I need is right here - loving the attitude and the lack of negativity [;)

Too bad you got off on the wrong foot over there, they have a wealth of good talent and some awesome tech articles. Like how to drop your own axle, build a 32 grill shell from an old GMC truck grill, everything you ever wanted to know about T-5 trannys, 50s Olds engines, flattys, hemis, the list is endless. You just can't say ratrod, any mention of volkswagon beetles is verboten, no idle off topic threads, except to mention a passed love one or tradgedy.
I have to give them credit for my rod even existing. I got the first part of my tub from a member there and got most of the inspiration for it from hanging out. Mike bishop has posted a lot of awesome stuff they do (from the Tardel & Bishop team who wrote the book on A-V8s). Great pictorials from almost every place hotrods ever gathered.
For me it's worth watching your step and not at all hard to do once you know the rules.

I too am a member over there, I used the "R,R" word. I wasn't too terribly beat up. I don't post there but do read some of the tech stuff and love the threads showing some members old tool boxes, and tools and the for sale area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back