need help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratcat

hey guys my names aran im from BOP in New Zealand
just bought this ratty for $200, its a L200 chassis with a holden 186 motor/4 spd, LSD, air shocks / leafs in rear and coils up front
the body is from a fordson van which has seen better days

ive been spending a few hundred on tryna get the motor goin : carby rebuild, coil pack, spark plugs, extractors much to the wifes dismay

my plan is to run tractor style exhaust up the side/back of the cab, seal off the cab, fix up the seats and then c wot shel do

my problem is it looks too long and bowed in the middle, i think the grill being too big has something to do with it, anyway just thought id put it out there to see if anyone has any ideas

cheers

Attachments

• rat4.jpg
    rat4.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 34
  • rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 34
  • rat1.jpg
    rat1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 34
  • rat3.jpg
    rat3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 28
hey there,, ../

al from down south a bit in Nelson..

cool truck and some serious potential..!!!

looking at pic 3, I try to do a long curve from the firewall down and back to the front of the rear wheel arch . 2ndly maybe look for a donor roof - maybe a morris 1000. section in to 2 halves then weld to give you a old roof. both should take the drop in the middle look ...

or leave as is .. its pretty good

The radiator shell should never sit higher than the cowl. It needs to look like you could put a hood on it and not have it slope up in the front. Then much much larger wheels and tires bringing up the back for a little forward tilt would fix it up fine in my opinion. Welcome to the board Ratcat.

welcome to RRR. I am with earthman. shorten the grill and you will see a big correction in the overall visual. It has lots going for it, just the little fixes are needed looks like. keep us posted.

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta, Canada. The guys are right, the grille has to be lowered a bit. Could you find an old pick-up cab and rob the back out of it for yours? Happy tinkering.

Welcome to the triple R. Lots of good ideas coming at you. Do the radiator shell then find some BFT's for the back and the pickup cab back will help lots a well. [cl
Good luck with it, keep the pix coming. [P

Welcome to RRR!. The differences along the bottom edge might be tricking the eye some to, but like you thought, a lot of it is the grill shell.

Welcome .......

Got a lot of potential....as it's been said.....Yankee did a nice job of leveling it out....hope you can get er sorted out.....

I like playing with pictures just wish I could get the program for it and do it right ,,, but its fun learning and Im getting better at drawing trees and bushes to fill in the holes too :D

section and shorten the grille to match the hight of the cowl. Then in the back you will need to shorten the over hang at the back of the roof. Also might consider moving the wheel arc upwards to get rid of the slab sided look back there. It has potential. [;)

section and shorten the grille to match the hight of the cowl. Then in the back you will need to shorten the over hang at the back of the roof. Also might consider moving the wheel arc upwards to get rid of the slab sided look back there. It has potential. [;)

hows this mate

Attachments

• chop1.jpg
    chop1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back