New 35 Ford cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmagne

Finally found a 35 cab... My plan is to build it with parts available in 1957. 312 Y block, T85 w/R-11 O.D.

Attachments

• 35 Ford cab front view.jpg
    35 Ford cab front view.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00456.jpg
    DSC00456.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00455.jpg
    DSC00455.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 67
"My plan is to build it with parts available in 1957."

...were T-85's w/ R-11 O.D.'s available in '57?

35 cab looks very good, so does the other projects you got goin on ther. How about a build thread on those?..:D

Looks like a great cab, and should be a fun build. So are you going to use things like a plasma cutter, and mig welder to build something like this, or is it just the parts available before 57?

35 cab looks very good, so does the other projects you got goin on ther. How about a build thread on those?..:D

The pick ups are all one project, I started the 37 because I couldn't find a 35. I will probably sell it now....

The 53 Coupe de Ville in the back is an ongoing project its been around now for about 16 years... frame is done, and as you can see we finally got some paint on the body shell.. top is a custom mix color, the bottom is 05 Corvette blue.
To the back burner again...

Looks like a great cab, and should be a fun build. So are you going to use things like a plasma cutter, and mig welder to build something like this, or is it just the parts available before 57?

Bonehead, great question.. it is just the parts... the tools and equipment available back then weren't what they are today eh?

Thanks for all the kind words guys.. I'll post more pics as and when I get the time to play...

Maybe so but they did it, and came up with some great builds. You would have to learn how to lead, and get really good at acetyline welding.

Some guys get carried away with the whole traditional thing. No cell phone orders for parts, only watching 3 channels of TV. You know.

Some guys get carried away with the whole traditional thing. No cell phone orders for parts, only watching 3 channels of TV. You know.

With lines like this, I'm going to have to stop reading RRR at work.
I seriously almost laughed out loud.

I can just imagine my boss walking by, "What's so funny over here?"

-Chaz

Latest posts

Back