New from the Ozark Mountains of NW Arkansas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickBright

Just joined the forum, put a picture of my '70 Oldsmobile under the muscle car thread.

Just an old car nut, am glad I grew up in the late 60's and early 70's. Have owned a lot of neat cars in the past still have my 70 Olds I bought at the age of 16 in '72.

I am presently gathering parts for a couple of truck builds. I have a 1948 306 Diamond T truck. I recently bought a 1989 Isuzu NPR truck with a 4 cylinder diesel and plan on dropping the Diamond T cab on the Isuzu chassis. Also have a 1948 KB-6 International very rust free truck I have a Chevy based motorhome chassis for. Thinking about keeping the International frame and putting the motor home axles under it. Have a 6BT 12 valve rotary pump Cummins I want to put in the KB-6. The International has a really long hood and the 6BT should be a fit.

Here are a few pictures of the Diamond T, not sure if I have one of the KB-6 International. The green International on the right in the first picture is a 1948 KB-5. Bus in the background is a 1952 GM 4103. The 1948 KB-6 and larger trucks have a different front end than the KB-1 thru KB-5 International trucks of the same year

. The 1972 Grumann Kurbmaster Step Van pulling the Diamond T in the second picture has a 500 CI 1972 Cadillac engine with a 400 turbo. I plan on starting a build thread on the Diamond T as it is the truck I plan on building first.

Rick

Attachments

• mopar 922.jpg
    mopar 922.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 44
  • mopar 890.jpg
    mopar 890.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 40
  • mopar 895.jpg
    mopar 895.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Welcome to RRR, good looking bunch of trucks. What's going on with the bus?

The bus in the picture above is a 1952 GM 4103 former greyhound. I recently sold it, here is my 1959 GM 4104 converted into a camper deep in the Ozark Mountains, 671 Detroit screaming Jimmie with a Splicer 4 speed. Not a rat but these old GM buses are pretty cool, fluted aluminum siding, aircraft riveted construction. The '59 4104 rides on 8 air bags with connecting chambers and leveling valves. 76 MPH flat out on the governor As the passengers loaded on the bus it self levels. Pretty amazing technology for 1953, the first year the model 4104 buses were made. The 1952 4103 bus that I sold had standard truck leaf springs.

Like I said not a rat rod, but I guess someone could rat rod one.... if this does not belong let me know and I'll delete.

Attachments

• rocktoberfest 14 004.jpg
    rocktoberfest 14 004.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 23
  • rocktoberfest 14 003.jpg
    rocktoberfest 14 003.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Rick we like rat rods but ive seen cars on here that (i believe ) looks like a million dollars ... and they sure aint no rat rods , but I like to look at them too .. ,, I dont think I'm alone and I know this is a RAT ROD site , but I like all projects .. I think rat rod was a name some auto body man (want to be) made up , when he messed his car up trying to chop it ... :D JK.. Welcome from lower Alabama..

Naw, I don't think you have any worries about having to delete it....everyone around here is really open minded.

Welcome to the site.

Heck.....we just like anything with wheels...lol

Rick we like rat rods but ive seen cars on here that (i believe ) looks like a million dollars ... and they sure aint no rat rods , but I like to look at them too .. ,, I dont think I'm alone and I know this is a RAT ROD site , but I like all projects .. I think rat rod was a name some auto body man (want to be) made up , when he messed his car up trying to chop it ... :D JK.. Welcome from lower Alabama..

What you got it some great stuff....No need to delete a thing....unless you want to give it to me.....:D...

Hello and welcome from mid-mo. Looking forward to a build thread[P. The wife manages a resort at Rockaway Beach, just up the road from ya.......

Latest posts

Back