New Guy Boston

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love it -

Unfortunately your registration at KillBillet.com "The Rat Rod Forum Dedicated to fun, low budget, traditional, rusty, patina Rat Rods and Old School Hot Rods built with junk yard parts." did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
KillBillet.com "The Rat Rod Forum Dedicated to fun, low budget, traditional, rusty, patina Rat Rods and Old School Hot Rods built with junk yard parts."​

Can you guys recommend any trust worthy affordable builders? Sadly, I'm not setup at home (nor my working hours) to do a ground up build. Don't know if I'd want my wife driving my first build anyway. [S

Any shops in the New England area which won't charge an arm and leg?

I'm just exploring all avenues at this point while I scour craigs and the various rod sites classifieds.

Much appreciated.

This guy is a good ways from you but I can HIGHLY recommend my buddy - Ricky Brown in Manchester, Tennessee. I promise you - you won't find a better fabricator or overall builder anywhere. He's a full time builder with over 30 cars and trucks completed already and he has a great reputation. He's got the experience to build a really safe, and nicely done ride. He just builds a really sweet car! He's pretty partial to building late 20's & early 30's coupes, sedans, and trucks.
He's built and sold his cars all over the country and he's somebody you can trust! He takes a huge amount of pride in his work. I wouldn't ever recommend him if he wasn't the real deal!

Here's his contact information. Probably best to call him if your interested in talking to him.

Ricky Bobby's Rod Shop
Ricky Brown - Owner
2824 McMinnville Hwy.
Manchester, Tennessee 37355
931-247-0673
[email protected]

Good luck whichever way you go!

Thunder

Sam, Was this truck discussed here? Or IFS on rats? I just read a thread on this truck over on Killbillet last night - arguing the very same thing + the fact that it's on a C-10 frame.

Then I read the thread here about killbillet... no wonder I haven't received activation yet after a week, just not cool enough.

Yeah, the picture of that truck shows up on here every once in a while. It is a good looking picture. I've never seen it from a different angle. IFS on fenderless vehicles is the debate. Some... well a lot of people think IFS is ugly. I don't think anyone here gets too caught up about what frame you use, looks wise. The other problem with is proportions of stock IFS frames - the front wheels set too far back compared to the grill and motor making them look front heavy, and the front frame horns are big and clunky looking. - again most think it's kinda ugly.

There are a few IFS cars I've seen that look OK. Straight axles are much easier to make look cool and are the 'traditional' look.

Hey Sam - thank you, this is what I've been picking up around here. Originally I was thinking only IFS for obvious steering/draveability reasons but I understand that since these simpler, pickups in my case, are so much lighter do to the [;) chopped cab, shortened frame & bed etc, there isn't much of a difference between driving a straight axle and an IFS. I've heard that it's more of a complication to install bags on straight axles as opposed to IFS units?

Looking at pics (not having driven a straight and IFS back to back) I like the look of the straight axle setup more.

Latest posts

Back