new member, 1982 sportster lowlife

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley waugh

I haven't done a rod yet, I'm still researching and dreaming, that and looking for new house with a garage, ha, you cant pull a car/truck into the living room like you can a bike.

here's my 1982 anniversary edition Sportster. 1000cc, 4 speed. I built this bike from the ground up, with a ground clearance of four and a half inches that wasn't too far. It was my first harley and first full out build. I hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• harley's bike.jpg
    harley's bike.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 56
I used shocks for a big twin, a softail solo seat and a Bate's headlight. I didn't like the stock cowl light. The dual disks are nice and definitely useful. I ran it without calipers up front til I could afford them. I'd love to do an older one, real skinny kick start, something like a KHK racer. I loved the cases back then. Ive been holding on to a fiberglass flat bottom peanut tank for it. Thanks fuzz, I just hope I can do a rat as clean

I like it, my wife rides an 05 sporty, I have always liked the old scooters alot more than the new ones but when you have to really have to get there yesterday I prefer my R1. looked at full dressers but I just dont fit.

thanks for the welcome

izzy and old iron thanks for the compliments on my ironhead. i like the crotch rockets too izzy but my fiance says im too reckless to have one, i plan to build a chopper type cruiser using a cbr motor. might just be able to sneak it past her, ha. for now though i'd like to build something similar to your avatar izzy. i saw a tudor style rat with these large rear tires, chopped top and beautiful front end on the face book site for RRR and i was hooked.[dr i spent all morning yesterday looking through the "show us your ride" thread and couldn't find the car or one like it, but i'll start searching the build threads next.

thanks, the 30 was my first car i builtthat was all mine, did 40 in high school with my dad, i had alot of help with the 30 from a close friend. If I wasnt so computer stupid I have a few really cool pics of me going down the road in kalamazoo my buddy took.

Latest posts

Back