New rat rodder from Podunk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpedtek

So I'm a brick maker from the middle of no were that inherited a 85 ford f150 that I can't get rid of and I happen to be a Chevy fan I have never built a car before but I got a buddy that owns a junk yard and a couple of shade tree mechanics as friends and I own a welder so I must rat rod this thing cause low and fast and loud is a way of life. I will post pics along the way. So far I picked up a awesome book called rat rods rodding's imperfect stepchildren for some good brain food and a 9inch rear end and a awesome 71 thousand mile 454 since I'm a bbc fan that I have cleaned up a little and a awesome street fighter tci turbo 350 tranny that I got when I thought I was going to use a sbc itll go on the back shelf for the future. The rest is up in the air. Im glad to find a site like this I'm on the same kind of site like this for paintballing and it's a great site I hope this one is too:cool:

I like the idea of a chevy drivetrain. Not too crazy bout that year ford but I bet u can make it cool. Chop it!! I'd like to see it when finished!!

Hi Warped

There was just a thread on here about using the newer truck cabs to make rat rods from. It makes total sense actually as the older tin seems to be getting more and more scarce. Please feel free to post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Welcome from the land of salt and rust (upstate NY)...

MikeC

I too am intimidated to attempt to chop my cab. I got the same feeling about getting started. I think I have the ability just no direction. Never done it.

Latest posts

Back