new SoFla guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man that 53 is sweeeet!. gastrick uve had some kool cars huh? lol. im curious to see some pics of rear end setups on bags, i have the stock rear but im kinda scared to use it since its like 400yrs old, and i have a chevelle rear laying around id like to run, the only question i have is to be able to lay the car on the ground with alll the air out of the bags would i have c notch the frame? im gonna be running the stock 15 in rims and it wont be a leaf spring rear end ill usuing.

ill probably make a build thread on here on my rig tonight since this is just an intro thread after all.

thanks for the warm welcome guys. lmao guess "the REv" is known everywhere... man can that guy bitch and complain about the world!!. well its kool to see some rodders that are local, i thought i was alone out here... i think ive only seen 2 rats out here my whole life lol. theracedude is that ur 53 on ur avatar? if so i was all over that car at billetrproof ;) . well heres a few shots of my 53 "donna". shes still a ways away from hitting the road but one day... one day...

i cant believe you have a shot of her outside! she hasnt seen sun like that in awhile. i gotta drop by and see the progress. after you get off work one of these days

i have 14 tires and no c notch. axle lays on the frame. the rear i built is way to complicated. i will try and put up a pic.

I guess I need to chime in here too. just for the record, theracedude is a member of the Salvagerz too. I guess he is shy about that. :D

Bandit, there are all kinds of things going on down here, you just need to know where to look. Between West Palm Beach and Miami there are several groups of guys that are into the same types of cars that we are into. Start by asking, and you might be amazed at what you find...

well gee fellas! i was gonna tell you guys about the salvagerz thing but we just met and all. boy is my face red! anyways the cats out of the bag and i should step up and say it out loud. my name is randy and i am a salvagerz and proud of it, man that felt good...:p

well gee fellas! i was gonna tell you guys about the salvagerz thing but we just met and all. boy is my face red! anyways the cats out of the bag and i should step up and say it out loud. my name is randy and i am a salvagerz and proud of it, man that felt good...:p

Well you're out of the closet now :D

That was actually pretty damn funny. :D

well im a young dude, and some of the older crowd doesnt treat the younger guys with as musch respect as another guy of about the same age, so its harder to get a conversation going at cruise ins and shows, so i dont know about local meets and stuff like that. but if the salvagers or any1 else is having something going on... id like to come and check out the local rod scene :D

Bandit, I talked to Adam this weekend who owns that 53 that you posted. He said that the car has a 57 Chevy rear, not the stock rear like I thought it had. You should contact him and take a look at all the nifty tricks he did to the suspension and chassis when he did the air ride, along with how he finished out the rear tubs and trunk area after he did the c-notch. Really nice work. The car wasn't nearly as cool when I had it.

Last edited:
well im a young dude, and some of the older crowd doesnt treat the younger guys with as musch respect as another guy of about the same age, so its harder to get a conversation going at cruise ins and shows, so i dont know about local meets and stuff like that. but if the salvagers or any1 else is having something going on... id like to come and check out the local rod scene :D

Sorry to here of such rudness from the old crows Bandit. If I was still down south, you'de be welcome to my shack any day of the week. Really sucks to here of such crap. I can remember my dayz when I use to live in the metro Orlando area, Colonial Drive was the place to be, and it always ended up out at the old dump road in east O-town.:eek::D

Sorry to here of such rudness from the old crows Bandit. If I was still down south, you'de be welcome to my shack any day of the week. Really sucks to here of such crap. I can remember my dayz when I use to live in the metro Orlando area, Colonial Drive was the place to be, and it always ended up out at the old dump road in east O-town.:eek::D

yea man its gay but who cares pretty much all the guys like that r check writers that dont do any of the work on the car. but i do like when they ask who built that or where i bought it lol "built not bought!"

Bandit, I talked to Adam this weekend who owns that 53 that you posted. He said that the car has a 57 Chevy rear, not the stock rear like I thought it had. You should contact him and take a look at all the nifty tricks he did to the suspension and chassis when he did the air ride, along with how he finished out the rear tubs and trunk area after he did the c-notch. Really nice work. The car wasn't nearly as cool when I had it.

kool man thanks i think i got my suspension just about figured out, i found a gambino kustoms kit that has a 4link, c-notch, and bag mount plates for the rear for $500 which isnt bad. i deff have to check out adams car im holding off on making my trunk floor till i bag the car just in case theirs any clearance issues so checking his car out would probably help, and i still wanna make it out to ur place .

Latest posts

Back