Newb from Northern Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sed8um

Hey guys,
I'm very new to the rat rod scene but have loved anything with a motor since I can remember! I recently purchased a 38 international pickup that has been for most part been ratted out already. I kinda bought it spontaneously on a online auction because nobody was bidding on it and I threw $1500 on it thinking someone else will bid higher than that! Well nobody did and now have a new project! Not sure if that was a good price or not but seemed to be a good price for me.
A little about the truck,
It has built up chrysler 360 with a 727 Torqueflite. The ignition has been updated. The rear end is out of a 72 Newport.
The plans are to update the suspension and lower it. I also want to make it a daily driver so the exhaust will also need some work! Other than that I will just play it by ear and see where it takes me.
I also can't wait for the snow to melt but that may be awhile up here in northern Minnesota!

Attachments

• 20140215_124803.jpg
    20140215_124803.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 060_a.jpeg
    060_a.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 056_a.jpeg
    056_a.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to the site
Looks like a good enough deal to me
Start a build thread so we can follow along
By your handle you must be an anesthesiologist.

Welcome to RRR! Looks like a solid driver with lots of room for improvements - good deal. I was afraid it was gonna be a cab on a hacked up s10 frame or something....

Welcome to the site
Looks like a good enough deal to me
Start a build thread so we can follow along
By your handle you must be an anesthesiologist.

I was wondering if anyone would get my handle name! I'm not an anesthesiologist but I do work in the health care field. I'm a Respiratory Therapist.
I will definitely start a build thread when I start on it.
Any suggestions on a front end suspension setup? I'm looking for something that will be easy and get me lower. I'm not looking to z the frame or anything like that.
What are guys doing to these old trucks?

Hi 8um, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
I think people are too caught up in beating the other guy on a deal. Don't you be like that. If you're happy with your new hotrod then life is great. Any decent thirties cab, frame and rear-end is worth $1500. A decent 360 with some bling is worth more than $1500 and a decent 727 is worth $1500. You stole the truck. It should be more important that you like your truck and will put your heart into it.
You have a lovely rat rod. Good luck with putting your stamp on it.
Sorry about the rant.

Latest posts

Back