Newbe from Louisiana

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Star

Hey guys been lurking around for a while and thought I would register and say hello. I've restored a few muscle cars, last one a 67 Camaro and I just finished a 72 Bronco. Looks like it's about time to do a Rat Rod. I've been thinking about a 40's era cab to do a truck, Ford or Chev. Looking for suggestions from you guys on which one is better. I thinking a 2x4 tube frame and I don't know how much height in the z bends yet. Maybe a right hand drive. Well for the motor I would love to find an early Hemi maybe a 392,354,331. I don't think I have the pocket book for a 426. Got a couple of muncie trannys I would like to use one of those. Any way just wanted to say hello and look forward to visiting with you guys. Looks like a great forum! Thanks

Welcome to RRR!

2x3 - 3/16 is about the min. for frame use. As for Z kick up, it all depends on what axles/suspension/cab you have. 4" ride height is about the minimum unless you go with bags. Most rat rod frames are built around whatever stuff was drug outta the back woods. ;)

I was thinking 2x4 3/16 and you are correct as far as what axles. Would like to find a straight axle for front and I have a 69 camaro rear axle I may use although an explorer rear with disc would be nice.

Latest posts

Back