Newbie from Argentina

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuteruiz

Hi!, I´m Matias from Argentina.
I found this forum searching for ideas for my C10.
This is awesome, tons of info and lots of people willing to help.[cl

I´m very glad to be here!

It´s a C10 1973.
Pics
1fpn.jpg

uicy.jpg

an4a.jpg

x0mh.jpg

I´d like to end up with something looking like this
41fa.png

or this

vulq.jpg

My biggest concern is the paintjob, i want to keep the original paint but at the same time spray something to avoid the rusy

Welcome to RRR! Nice truck.

Paint - satin clear might work.

Tires - grind your own white walls. Homemade Whitewalls

Ride height - you can lower it fast by cutting one coil off each spring. BUT, you won't be able to haul anything.

Welcome to RRR! Nice truck.

Paint - satin clear might work.

Tires - grind your own white walls. Homemade Whitewalls

Ride height - you can lower it fast by cutting one coil off each spring. BUT, you won't be able to haul anything.

Thanks!

Tires - i read the post but i think it´s too much for me, i dont think i have the skill or the tools to do that.
I found this
bandalin-bandas-blancas-8101213141516-mayorista-al-pub-4010-MLA116936387_8312-O.jpg
They cost 5usd per piece.

Height - Only cutting one will be enough for that height?

Paint - before the satin clear should i remove all the rust and sand all the truck?

be careful with those port-a-walls, i have had people tell me they don't like high speeds as they will come apart.

Thanks!

Tires - i read the post but i think it´s too much for me, i dont think i have the skill or the tools to do that.

Height - Only cutting one will be enough for that height?

Making whitewalls doesn't take much. If you have any heavy grit sander or grinder you can do it. Try it on a junk tire first.

You only want to cut one coil at first then go back and cut 1/2 or 1/4 coils off. If you cut too much off, the truck will bottom out going over bumps which is uncomfortable and unsafe. You can't add it back on so you would need new springs.

Latest posts

Back