Newbie from Southern Ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhamblin

I used to love washing/ waxing my cool car and watching it shine, but the stress of it all really sucked. I took notice of all the fun the Rat Rod guys were having driving and experimenting with their rides. I finally found me one to call my own. She's a 1950 F1 on a S10 chassis with a 350/350 set up. I don't plan on doing much with the exterior. I am looking for wheel /tire ideas and interior ideas.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hello welcome to Triple R .. there are a lot of pictures in here and I'm sure u will find what ur looking for and find a few ideas. :D

Welcome - Dayton here as well. Good looking truck but you are right, the wheels suck. Can't go wrong with some steelies and poverty caps...

Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks all. The interior is just as patina'd as the exterior. I like the steelie wheels. Thinking of experimenting with some big mags out back and steelies in front?

If your gonna do mags on back see if you can find some slotted Americans or some other vintage mags. my 2 + the others 2 and you have about 12 cents :)

You have just the right amount of chrome ,door handles/grill that a set of mags would look good.I had a patina truck like yours and tried alot of combinations and ended up with chrome full moon hubcaps,really made the truck.Vintage hubcaps are cool also imo. Wides in the back,thins in the front,chrome.Do what you feel looks best,you'll know......

Attachments

• 51 late jan 2011 (3).jpg
    51 late jan 2011 (3).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 51 chevy 023.jpg
    51 chevy 023.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 51chevy 020.jpg
    51chevy 020.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts