Non-traditional 1917 Studebaker High School Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I last checked in we finished the drive shaft, the doors and split the exhaust manifold. We have also been working on getting all the small pieces together to start it. Hopefully we'll make some noise Friday. Then we'll move on to working on a radiator, brakes, and other drive train issues before moving on to the body and floor boards.

Jeremy

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="425" height="240" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2733937853_n2Cbj7N?width=425&height=240"></iframe>

Making a little progress

Got a radiator off of eBay, cut down the grill shell and added a commercial baking pan to come up with this.

We finished up the tubing on the back half of the body; they did such a good job good I couldn't cover it up so we used expanded metal.

We're going to finish the floor pans, the rear air bags and then start on the brakes.

Jeremy

Looking Great.
Got to love the Stroh's keg.
Nothing like "Detroit River water".
They used to make a great Ice cream as well.:)
Torchie.

Must be a "Real Beer Lover".....Torchie...

Isn't it a shame they moved it out of Detroit....?? Your RR is looking great Lovall....nice work and the cake pan thing is very cool....did you dimple die it too?

Isn't it a shame they moved it out of Detroit....?? Your RR is looking great Lovall....nice work and the cake pan thing is very cool....did you dimple die it too?

It was dimple died from the factory, one of the guys in my car club, Tony, finds the best pieces. He's also the one that found the body years ago.

Jeremy

We rebuilt the front brakes, replaced the wheel bearings and upgraded all the steering linkage.

Painted the wheels, put on some bias plys and added some hubcaps out of Tonys collecton.

Jeremy

Getting floored

The kids have been working on the floor pans and tunnel.

They did pretty good up until the last piece when another kid (who isnt on this project) decided to show them how they should do it. Notice where he beat the crap out of it with an hammer and welded it.

It was easy enough to cover up and almost looks like we planned it. :)

We then flipped the body and cut out the mess and welded the underside so we can grind the topside smooth.

[

I'm really impressed with the students work on the floor pans. Some parts were a struggle but they learned alot about making patterns, using the brake, and fitting pieces together.

Jeremy

Latest posts

Back