Novice cool kid....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

63Ratmobile

Been a looker for a while, but just decided to register.

After coming to the ugly realization that the '63 T-bird I have would never be a show car, my father gave me the idea of ratting ol' Thelma out. It was the best idea he ever had! When she first got her flat black look, pops thought it looked like the Batmobile, hence the 63Ratmobile.

I hail from Altoona, PA, but recently moved to Roostown, OH (Just outside of Akron).

I haven't done much searching for this particular topic, but if someone could direct me to a thread about keeping a flat black finish nice, I would be much obliged.

Awesome community, RRR!!!!

Welcome to the site. It depends on what paint you used to go flat black. Blitz black? black primer? Rattle can or gun?
Sounds like a great rat. can't wait to see it.

You could have used a clear coat that has been relieved of the gloss finish.
It will help seal the flat job, and then it doesn't hurt to use some polish now and then to keep the shean. The polish will help protect the finish from moister seeping.
Welcome to the forum, and that old T-bird is a great classic to ride in too. I once had a girl with one of those, she finally woke up and moved on :D:rolleyes:

Maximo

Latest posts

Back