off topic, CCW permits, guns

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exador

I sho hope dis is der place fer this type of subject.

Ever since I was big enough to carry my "BB" gun I have been pro gun. Up until I got crippled up I hunted, "meat hunter". Each and every season I hunted. I was traught not to kill anything unless you were going to eat it or it was causing damage to your property.

A long way in to the subject of, CCW. I was a very happy person when the CCW law was enacted. Naturally I have one.

Do very many of you have a CCW permit? How often do you carry? Does the place your going have any bearing if you carry?

By carrying has your piece ever been needed for you or family safety.

This is not intended as political or upset anti gunners.

Have had my cc since 2001, carry every day, every where. Never had to use it, hope I never do, but it's there if I do.

Of course I carry most always..

part of the job....but, will get my retired CPL...(what we call them in Michigan) after anyway...I don't mind the 99% that carry and carry legally and responsibly...it's the other 1% that I'm worried about....FBI statistics (if you want to believe anything the government says) 1 in every ten vehicles has a weapon in it...either legally or illegally.....hence the reason I preach officer safety everyday....Not afraid of guns, afraid of the nut carrying it....JMHO..

Don't have mine. Have thought about getting it. rhode Island is so small it takes no time at all to be in connecticut or mass. and be in trouble for not being permited. From what I understand mass. is not going to give a reciprocol permit.

This is not intended as political or upset anti gunners.

Some people may not speak up but you've pretty much entered gun country! Make no mistake, many of these peeps are armed to the teeth including the old Toad! :eek:

Toad

Make no mistake, many of these peeps are armed to the teeth including the old Toad! :eek:

Toad

Pretty much a given here in Texas! We have open carry and people here have some serious weaponry and I'm talking really serious! :eek:

Beercan

interesting topic,,

in new Zealand, we have gun licences,, and special permit for handguns.
a gun collector enters a whole new world of regulations......

for me is hard to imagine carrying a gun all day

since the 80's weve had to be regulated this way. while I spent several years of my youth hunting for food and know stuff about firearm safety etc,, ive not bothered to get a license..

im seriously interested to know ,, would you guys shoot someone ( not planning any midnight raids!) if it came to it?

why ?
\
we just don't seem to have the need here....

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...
no CCW but I carry when I think it might be necessary. One in the vehicle most times which is legal under the right methods. Hawk is handy. Dog is formidable...
If you read the stipulations in the wording on our carry permits, there are so many requirements on where it's legal to carry, even with a permit, you are in jeopardy carrying all the time here, legally. It's a catch 22. I refer to the first line!

Didn't see anyone from AZ chime in, so figured I better represent.

I have had my CCW for 10 years now, although in AZ it is no longer necessary to have one to carry concealed. Having one does, although, permit you to carry in certain areas that the general public would be prohibited (as well as reciprocity in other states).

I carry most of the time and always hope that the time I'm not is not the time I needed to (wow, did that make sense? :eek:)

I subscribe to the thinking that laws don't stop the criminals and people need to be allowed to protect themselves from someone that is willing to put their life in jeopardy.

I've had my concealed permit since 1998 and hardly ever carry a weapon (aka gun) on me. I always have a knife in my pocket, but I don't think that falls under the clause of a weapon - ?
I have a few in the house but they are not readily available. My biggest fear is someone breaking into my house and shooting me with my own gun, or if I'm not home and they take them and then they end up on the street and a an officer is killed with one of my guns. If you are home and someone breaks into your house they have such an advantage that I am not sure even having a gun handy is a viable option. Unless it is on your person 24-7, I don't see the advantage. Plus I have two daughters, 12 & 14, that I do not want to have finding them and playing with them. I will soon teach them how to use a gun, but until then they will stay in a safe place. I do feel that teaching gun safety is the best way to ensure someone is safe around guns - anywhere. Also takes the 'mystery' out of them. Kinda' like teaching them to swim when they were very young, they most likely will never drown in a pool.
That's my two cents of rambling.

I've had a license to carry since I was 18 and I carry most everywhere in indiana. We have open carry as well and sometimes folks carry that way but some folks get antsy so it's kind of a pain.

Carry here in OK every where it is legal. I am a teacher, but do not carry at school (prohibited for now). I am a veteran and have earned the right to defend me and the family as far as I am concerned. I do have my CCW and would use my weapon if needed. As stated earlier. "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".
I don't want to use it but have no problem doing it. Just my $.02

I got involved in getting CCW passed here, the last State in the Union to recognize our 2nd Amendment rights. But, I've not invested the time & ca$h to get my CCW lic.

I've carried a handgun while bowhunting in Dangerous game country(USA & RSA) and found it a PIA to carry. Of course against a Bear or a Leopard it's just a last chance, "bite me & I'm taking you out with me", feel good. :rolleyes:

Here it's about $500+ to get CCW and in my case work time loss or vacation days too. Every time I get close to taking a class I think, CCW or new brakes, or new tires? I figure I made it 57 years without CCW but, worn brakes & tires have tried to kill me a few times over the years.

Being on the road makes it impossible to carry. So just because I want to don't mean that I can.

I personally think it should be legal to open carry everywhere. It's a proven fact that it lowers crime rates.

Being on the road makes it impossible to carry. So just because I want to don't mean that I can.

I personally think it should be legal to open carry everywhere. It's a proven fact that it lowers crime rates.

Not really impossible, just harder. You have to know which states will honor your state's permit, some will some won't. I travel TN, MS, GA, FL,and AL, and all honor AL permits. When I was over the road all the time, I stayed in the Southeast mostly, TX and LA and NC would honor AL permits, but SC wouldn't. I had to lock up my weapon when in SC, WTF good is that? If you need it you need it NOW, not after you find the key, unlock the storage compartment, load it, then use it.

There is a push for a national carry permit, haven't heard anything on it in a while. Hope it goes through.

If you think about it, it's really an infringement of the 2nd Amendment to NOT be able to carry everywhere. But, they get away with making things legal that aren't, and making legal things illegal, but that's another story for another day....

357 mag snubby with crimson trace grip for me and a 12 gauge riot gun with blindingly bright flash light for my bride
And then of course all the other ones...

Latest posts

Back