Offenhuaser dual four barrel intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karbon

Hi I just found a deal on a dual carb intake and for 200cad I'm just curious about the Downfalls of a dual carb setup, like will it cut fuel economy in half or do they just not have to work so hard?

Some of it depends on how you drive and how heavy your right foot is. You can run progressive linkage and have single carb economy under normal driving conditions and have the second carb come in under moderate to heavy acceleration depending on the manifold design. 200 Cadillac?

It's actually for a sbc 350, with a Borg and Warner transmition, hurst shifter and a throttle junkie owner. Lol

Right now I have an aluminum edelbrock hi rise intake with a Holley carb

Performance wise...I'd stay with the current set up...

It's actually for a sbc 350, with a Borg and Warner transmition, hurst shifter and a throttle junkie owner. Lol

Right now I have an aluminum edelbrock hi rise intake with a Holley carb

If you want some show... go with multiple carbs.... I have two 600 edelbrocks on the 421.... progressive linkage...runs off back carb till I jump on it.... probably too much carb...... seems to handles it ok... but sucks the fuel when you are into it too much..... just looks really cool...

The performance will be less than the single 4 barrel due to uneven fuel distribution, however, that didn't stop me from using it on a bbc. The problem is more pronounced on the bbc than a sbc. The Offenhauser is a better design than the Edelbrock I used (lowriser).

I did mean 200 Canadian I'm sorry I wasn't sure what you were getting at.

Well I think I'm gonna try and get it, don't have the carbs yet but I want velocity stacks on them win the 45 degree ends for that cool spiked look.

Latest posts

Back