Oldie but a NEWB....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

41ChevTruck

Hi,
I've got a great wife, great kids and a few projects around that you guys are interested in.

Father Son Project....
Just bought a '41-'46 Chevy Truck cab for a father son project. My son is 13 and we hope to have it on the road by the time he's driving.
It will be dropped onto a homebuilt chassis, run an Olds 350 with a Turbo 350 tranny. The Olds may not be everybodies preference, but it's what we'got parts laying around for.
We're going to take an old rotted out cab that we have and do a chop to it before we work on our new one.

I also have a '72 Cutlass S with a built Olds 350, 4-speed and it's a lot of fun!

Among the rest of the fleet, I've also got a '95 Mustang GT convertible, '06 HHR and a beater '91 S10 Shortbed.

Glad I found this place.
I'm already a member on the H.A.M.B. and KillBillet.
Glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum. Actually, I am an Olds lover myself. I have a built 394 in my '39 Dodge truck and my Son is running a built 455 in his '29. The 350 is a great engine, so no apologies needed.

We did the same thing, bought my two Sons their first cars when they were about 14 so that they would be done when they turned 16. One was a Cal Look VW and the other was a '65 Olds convertible with a 455 in it. Love to see other families doing this together, it makes for very good kids. :D:D

Post us some pictures when you get to it.

Don

Love to see some pic's ,i'm building a 41 also !
love to see some differant motors used ,i'm tired of sbc's ,i'm useing a 250 strait 6 in mine and an s-10 front sub frame .which has worked out well so fare!
keep us posted on your builds!

Welcome!

Chevtruck,
welcome to the forum... trucks, trucks... we love trucks!!! U know the routine... we gotta see some pictures. Make u're self @ hone & feel free to join rat in!!! Father/son projects r the best!!!

BoB

Welcome to RRR. Those father/son projects are great. Hope to see some pics of this project as you progress.

Latest posts

Back