One of the better Pinks All Out.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Tonights Pinks All Out was actually a lot different than most of the ones I have seen. Usually, there are a ton of Camaros and Fox Mustangs in the finals, but tonight they had some pretty diverse stuff in there.

I particularly loved the full fendered red '34 Ford coupe that was obviously in street trim, but man, it hauled and got almost to the end without losing. The winner was a 65 year old racer in a Dodge Charger that was also old school. Nice to see a Mopar win. The also had an ElCamino and a flatblack Nova, plus some of the usual Stangs.

I think P.A.O has probably been a very positive thing for drag racing in general. How else could Joe Weekend Racer ever hope to get to be on TV running his or her ride, and for one night become a John Force? I still don't care as much for Pinks, but have to admit the negotiations and drama don't bug me as much as it once did. Even Rich seems to be more down to earth than I originally thought. One thing for sure, he has parlayed the idea into quite the enterprise, what with Pinks, PAO, Pass Time, and maybe some other shows I am forgetting. I bet the marketing of Pinks memorbilia they sell at the events is a money maker on it's own.

Don

Latest posts

Back