one of those "back corner of garage" project bikes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
:rolleyes:

i really dont know why, but i fell in love with this piece of a bike when i saw it at "oldskool's" shop...

then i heard him price it to someone n i made a trade myself... like i really need something to work on...

ive got a sportster peanut tank from a previous bike, and this frame & forks with dry-rotted tires ... i doubt i ever get to ride it, but if the right donor bike came along ... who knows... it may get an old dirt-bike 4 stroke w/kick start and a quickie paint job...

Attachments

• project 68 001.jpg
    project 68 001.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 86
  • project 68 002.jpg
    project 68 002.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 82
well it found its way to my place...:p

after loosing its engine, it wasnt near as heavy[S

still kicking around ideas for an engine...

would love to find a decent donor bike for cheap:eek: (not gonna buy a high dollar S&S or HD type engine)

anybody have suggestions? lol;)

old 650 twin or a suzuki 2 stroke 750 tripple?

Wisconsin 2v?
Honda 2v?
Chinese made 2v diesel off ebay?
golf cart motor and half a dozen car batteries

I know... put in a toyota 22r longways or better yet a mercruiser 3 liter inline 4 (chevy) or a pontiac iron duke and run a 90 degree power converter from a reefer to link the power

hell you could use an old Geo engine in there

torchmann, the first idea is my "perfect plan" i know a guy who has an old yamaha 600 or 650 twin (i dont remember) but it is really in bad shape-carbs gone, ignition gone and motor stuck...:(

thought about a harbor freight lawn mower engine and go cart type clutch... but would really rather make it into a "real motorcycle" even if it costs a little more time to find what i want...

oldskool says an old "one-lunger" 4 stroke dirtbiike with a kickstart would be something to consider, if one can be found...

also i found an old suzuki 650 4 cylinder that had been "hopped up" back in the day... it would probably fit in there but i shudder at the thought of 4 carbs to tune...:rolleyes::eek:

torchmann, the first idea is my "perfect plan" i know a guy who has an old yamaha 600 or 650 twin (i dont remember) but it is really in bad shape-carbs gone, ignition gone and motor stuck...:(

thought about a harbor freight lawn mower engine and go cart type clutch... but would really rather make it into a "real motorcycle" even if it costs a little more time to find what i want...

oldskool says an old "one-lunger" 4 stroke dirtbiike with a kickstart would be something to consider, if one can be found...

also i found an old suzuki 650 4 cylinder that had been "hopped up" back in the day... it would probably fit in there but i shudder at the thought of 4 carbs to tune...:rolleyes::eek:

The four carbs are a piece of cake...gotta remember I do that stuff for a "living"!;)

Save the prizm tank if you can and put a 750 four back in there, they're out there cheap if you look, heck we bought a running riding Kaw 750 four last year for $800 for my son. :D

spring break means i get an extra set of hands around the shop...

the sporty tank had been a "body shop lesson" for the boy so he went back to it...

we had to prime it when we were done...lol;)

and then he wanted to paint it before we left today... if nothing else he learned that sanding is the biggest part of doing paint work...:D:D

he did most of the sanding, and even held n operated the primer gun (with a little help) and was the one who picked out the left-over blue for its base..

whether or not it winds up on this particular bike is still undecided, but it turned out pretty good for a "quickie":cool:

Attachments

• spring break chopper tank 001.jpg
    spring break chopper tank 001.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 18
  • spring break chopper tank 002.jpg
    spring break chopper tank 002.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 14
  • spring break chopper tank 003.jpg
    spring break chopper tank 003.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 14
  • spring break chopper tank 004.jpg
    spring break chopper tank 004.jpg