opinions on this frontend ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cranny

I'm gathering parts for a 27/28 dodge 4door sedan build i'd like to start. It

will be an open wheel car custom frame slight rear z ( so i can still have a rearsear).

I got this complete frontend from a guy who was putting a mustang II under

his 40 ford. It has chevy spindles with disc brakes. Modified split bones only

problem is it is a spring forward. Is anyone running this set up ? Is this worth

using ? Are the modified wishbones safe? What are your opinions ? thanks.

Attachments

• Dodge side.jpg
    Dodge side.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 40 ford frontend..jpg
    40 ford frontend..jpg
    54 KB · Views: 142
  • modified 40 ford wishbone..jpg
    modified 40 ford wishbone..jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 105
Those can be fixed, I wouldn't run them as they are!!!

If the money was right I wouldn't hesitate!

You will most likely have to alter anything you find anyway!!

my bones are set up like that and i dont have any issues. to each his own.

i drive the shi! out of mine on these pot hole ohio roads.

finframe006.jpg

brakes003.jpg

you can use the spring if it is still good. what i have a question about is you said it came out of a ford then you said it had chevy spindles, if i remember right then they would have had to change the angle on the slindle bosses. is that the case?

you can use the spring if it is still good. what i have a question about is you said it came out of a ford then you said it had chevy spindles, if i remember right then they would have had to change the angle on the slindle bosses. is that the case?

I don't know for sure. I do know that it's chevy disc brakes and bolt pattern I just assumed it was chevy spindles.

Looks like 37-41 Ford spindles with a Speedway type brake kit. Is the back of the spindle round?

Posies has two springs available for the 37-41 Ford axle if you want to run above or behind the axle.

Spring # 1009 is 33.5 " Center of Perch for a spring over setup.

Spring # 1023 is 32.5" Center of Perch for a spring behind setup.

i also run without a pan hard/ tracking bar. i have just over an inch of space between the bones and frame. never once has it left any sign of it shifting over and touching the frame.

i also run without a pan hard/ tracking bar. i have just over an inch of space between the bones and frame. never once has it left any sign of it shifting over and touching the frame.

Thanks deerchooper, Those pics helped alot, didn't know how the spring in front would look. I'm digging it though.

Looks like 37-41 Ford spindles with a Speedway type brake kit. Is the back of the spindle round?

Posies has two springs available for the 37-41 Ford axle if you want to run above or behind the axle.

Spring # 1009 is 33.5 " Center of Perch for a spring over setup.

Spring # 1023 is 32.5" Center of Perch for a spring behind setup.

Thanks Paul for the info on the springs. I'm still learning alot, and when he said chevy rotors i assumed chevy spindles. I'm sure your right about it being ford spindles with aftermarket brake kit.

Thanks deerchooper, Those pics helped alot, didn't know how the spring in front would look. I'm digging it though.

your welcome, i would really check the welds on your bones where they were bent at. maybe even cut off the gusset to make sure there 100% welded.

your welcome, i would really check the welds on your bones where they were bent at. maybe even cut off the gusset to make sure there 100% welded.

I'll do that for sure.

I just spent all day here at work :D, going thru your Oldsmobile build. Wow that thing is awesome. You did a great job.

Question over ford spindles

guys i have 30' I Beam that split the wishbones and I am trying to use mustang II disk rotors and brakes....what spindle and hardward do i need to make this work?

please PM if you got an answer

Latest posts

Back