Opinons needed on Lowering

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32chevymedic

I have a 1932 chevy sedan. My plan is to lower it down to about 1 inch of clearance. I figure i will have to c-cut the rear of the frame to get my ride height. My ? is should i cut the frame and leave the front stock ride height or what is the best way to go about it.[S

!

Eg. 4 a frame

Attachments

• gp.JPG
    gp.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 69
Kinda depend on how much of the car you have and what you want to end up with. You can push the front axle out suicide style to get it lower, or Z the front like above. Keep in mind, if you leave the axle under the motor, no matter how low the body is, the motor has to clear the axle.

1" is too low for a frame unless you run bags. 3" is about as low as it is possible to drive without getting hung up on everything. 4" is pretty safe clearance. Also consider scrub line. If you have a flat at speed, you don't want the frame to dig in and flip you.

Take a look in the builds section. You'll be able to find examples of several different ways to lower.

Thank you both. Very good points i do plan on moving the front end out. I may have to run bags to get the look i want when it is parked. Thank you again

where can i get info on moving the front end? do i need a new one or can i use stock? i like the look of the ibeam 4 inch drop axle but i have been told the front axle out of a 2 wheel drive jeep cherokee would be easiest to work with.

Here's some pics of a 41 Chev pu axle mounted with bags - appearance-wise it's very similar to your 32 axle. Lots of mods done to the axle and frame is custom made but it gives an idea of what can be done. I think an issue for you is the condition of the 32 axle's kingpins, bearings, etc. and what kind of brakes you want to use, like is there even a disc kit to fit it? I've never seen a Jeep Cherokee axle but I'd guess it's going to be too wide for a 32. A complete Speedway 4" drop axle and mounting kit can work out to be a better way to go sometimes...........

Attachments

• dec 5 09 rat 55 009 a.jpg
    dec 5 09 rat 55 009 a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 55
  • dec 5 09 rat 55 003 az.jpg
    dec 5 09 rat 55 003 az.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 58
  • apr 05 10 rat 55 012.jpg
    apr 05 10 rat 55 012.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 54
Thank you zzroder that helps alot. I might try and bag the front to ghet the look. Although the shovel to dig the holes would probably be cheaper bluenorther thanks guys

Latest posts

Back