"Paradise Road"......first house on the right

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray the house is looking awesome[cl

Xs 2
Thanks for the compliment on the wife's Knobs.(Wait a minute. That didn't come out right);)
Having built my own house as well as being a retired Chef I can appreciate the amount of work in that kitchen. I can't wait to see what you guys do with the bathrooms.
And I must say that I have "Cooktop" envy.:D
The only problem I see is the 2 dishwashers. Now you got to find some one to keep them filled and emptied.:D
Torchie.

Still watching....

You are a very talented man, my friend. As we say in Tennessee: "You can sing, dance, hoe or plow....whatever you gotta do." LOL :D

Beautiful work![cl

Lynn

WOW!!! Had to start back a few pages. The overall 'old farmhouse' look is great. That front door is awesome! My favorite is that your using full size interior trim with actual sills and caps - woodwork adds a lot of character to a house. Neat idea on the candles too.

Well, you finished yet?

No...

Have you started on Gunners garage yet?

Sorta....

No update since October. Hope everything is okay at the Snake Farm.
.....and yes

Whew, been awhile hasn't it! As promised over in the "did ya miss me thread" I'm gonna catch you guys up on my progress. Got a bunch of pics and stories but I'll just start off with a short post where I left off.
As I remember I was about to start on the porch railing so here's how that went...

Wanted big smooth posts and couldn't find aluminum or composite to suite us so I built some wooden ones....

With those in place....

I turned to the railing. The intermediate posts are a steel post with composite sleeves and PVC caps and bases....

The railing itself consists of PVC rails and composite balusters all of a simple square design...

So finally it's safe for Gunner......and others for that matter, to go out onto the porches.

The front porch will only be one step to the ground after final grade work so it will just have posts and no railing for the time being at least, because they think it would look busy and take away from the simple look they are after.

:eek: Good Lord, look at the junk on that porch! :eek:

Well there's your teaser, I really have got more than that done since October so stay tuned and I'll post some more over the next few days.

Thanks guys, here's a little update on the kitchen.

Last kitchen pics I believe we had the cabinet installation about complete and there was still cardboard on the floor...

One thing we wanted for the farmhouse look was for the cabinets to look like freestanding pieces of furniture, so I treated the toe kicks like this....

Installed smooth black kick in the normal location...

Then this arched cut out base out front....

Made for a pretty neat look and still leaves a place for your toes....

My son in-law got to put in some more sweat equity with installing hardware...

Well great! I'm up early this morning and have a couple minutes to rub together and PhotoBucket decides to take a crap on me! :mad::mad:

I'll be back.

Well great! I'm up early this morning and have a couple minutes to rub together and PhotoBucket decides to take a crap on me! .....

I'll be back.

Who says you can't fix a computer by beating on it with a big wooden handled screwdriver with a broken tip!

...as I was saying, my son in-law put in some more "sweat equity" with installing hardware....

And after careful consulting with the "Boss".....

... proceeded to build some nice draw dividers and organizers

These are built from Maple lumber that came from trees we cleared off the lot....we're a pretty sentimental bunch here and it makes for good stories down the road.

Meanwhile I'm finishing up the enclosure for the fridge...

Tiling the backsplash with simple white subway tile....

The big hole is for a TV and the little one is for this hard wired/plumbed coffee pot...

And tending to some finish plumbing...didn't know how a single drain would act if both dishwashers happened to drain at the same time so went with two separate drains. A deep sink, a big honkin' disposal, two drains, two dishwasher drains, two dishwasher supply lines and and air switch make for a pretty crowded sink base!

Also installed this important appliance....

...at 24 degrees it gives new meaning to "having a cold one" !!

More to come...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is all that comes to mind

Snake, you are a master at home building.

Thanks fellows for all the praises, you sure know how to give a guy the swell head. :D
I don't know about being the master because I still have a lot of things I haven't tried and I still learn something almost every day....even if it's something I knew and forgot. However this June will make thirty nine years that I've pursued this career so I have caught on to a few things in that time. :)

And on that note Lynn brings up a good point....

You are a very talented man, my friend. As we say in Tennessee: "You can sing, dance, hoe or plow....whatever you gotta do." LOL :D

Beautiful work![cl

Lynn

.....Fifty seven years later I'm still living in the same little town that I was born in, a town of less than six thousand people. The closest town of any size is 25 miles away and has a pop. of 17,000 so needless to say this is NO metropolis and our economy is NOT bristling my ANY means.
Therefore it's not an area where many can make a living by specializing, so you learn to do it all to make yourself more marketable.

I'm not an equipment operator so I don't do excavation and I'm not a carpet layer but there's not much else in between that I haven't done.....although I try to avoid concrete and drywall work at all costs. :D

So far the tasks that I haven't performed on this project are the excavation, the drywall and pouring the basement floor. And not to toot my own horn but.....while I could find you someone who is better than me at most any given task, when it comes to a package deal I can hold my own pretty good.:)

Well, enough braggin'.....I gotta go to work, if I can get my head through the door. :p

I'll try to post up some more pics this evening.

Latest posts

Back