Paranormal, Inhuman and Other Mysterious Stuff

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck??!!!

Can't the rest of us participate?? I actually lived in house that was haunted.....want my story??? Or is this limited to tom and jerry...I mean Torch and Jeremy.....

Can't the rest of us participate?? I actually lived in house that was haunted.....want my story??? Or is this limited to tom and jerry...I mean Torch and Jeremy.....

LOL, that's too funny.
Please, by all means, feel free to share. I really find this kind of stuff fascinating.

Never believed much of the haunted stuff till I was arguing with my wife and decided to sleep in the tv room..sleeping great until something hit me in the chest......woke up quick.....no one or nothing there....only me and my sore chest.....and no it wasn't my wife hitting me!!!!:D

It was a dark and stormy night....lol

Seriously, I was 13, mom and dad just got divorced, mom moved us into a old rental house....typical old 1900's house..3 bedrooms upstairs, one bedroom (mine) had another bedroom attached...it was used for storage..had a door from my room into it...only way in....first night there...bedroom light had a pull chain so I put the bed under it....laid down....heard the door open leading into the other room.....sat up in bed, pulled the light on the door was open....got up, closed it, rattled it to make sure it was tight....jumped into bed, reached up pulled the light off and laid down....the door opened again..
Sat up pulled the light on and the door was wide open....put a nightstand and dresser between the bed and door...was tight to the door....no room for it to open...woke up the next morning, the dresser was moved and the door was open......freaked me out!!! Ran downstairs and told my mom....she said, if the Ghost didn't hurt you, then don't worry about it...so every night for a year and half we played this game...I would put stuff in front of the door so it couldn't open, I'd lock the door leading into my room from the stairway and every morning it would be moved away and the door would be open.....NO CRAP...this is true....other things too but I'll stop there for now....

When we lived in Pennsylvania our house was right next door to another house, probably about 20 feet apart. The couple who lived there were going through a messy divorce and he killed her with a 30-30 and then turned the gun on himself. After that the bank closed up the house for about a year before it was sold.

Our bedroom window faced that house and during the year when the house was empty a light would come on in the bedroom where they died sometimes at night. The weird part was, the bank president who owned the house told me they had disconnected the electricity right after the murder. :eek: He was working on the outside of the house one day and when I told him about the light at night he said "That's impossible, there is no power in the house !" :eek::eek:

After a year a young couple with two kids bought it and knew nothing about the history of the house, and we didn't feel like it was our place to tell them. One day she was telling my wife that her kids kept waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares and they never had that problem before. The kids room was the one with the light ! :eek:

We moved right after that.

Don

To continue......

My mom and younger sister were never comfortable in the house...me..I was very happy there....didn't feel uncomfortable at all...obviously the ghost or whatever you want to call it didn't like women....I worked at the taxi co in town (yes at 13)...(another story)....office got a call from my sister asking me to come home right away cause somebody was in the basement...the mechanic drove me to the house and went in with me....my sister said she heard the outside door to the basement open and close and heard someone walk down the basement stairs...there was a door to the basement in the kitchen and a small landing that lead down to another landing where the door leading outside, then more steps down to the basement....this rough tough mechanic and I went downstairs and looked around....the basement door was locked and we checked every nook and cranny including the old coal cellar...nobody was down there...so we walked up the step and back into the kitchen to talk with my sister.....just as we closed the door to the basement we clearly heard somebody walking up the stairs and stopped at the landing outside the door to the kitchen..it was plain as day.....the mechanic picked up a baseball bat that my sister had and yanked the door open expecting to see someone....NOBODY there....looked down the stairway....nobody....closed the door and you could plainly hear somebody walk back down the stairs......Freaked him right out and he left like a bullet....I wasn't even scared....my sister would not stay in the house along after that....theres more, but I'll stop here for now.....this is true stuff...

I was in a girlfriends bedroom and we wanted a quick smoke before we got down and well you know.
The old houses in England have 'Sash' windows which basically is weights inside the window frame on rope that assist in the lifting up and lowering of the window,anyway the windows and frames had been painted many many times and I couldn't budge them so we got on the bed instead.
About 2 minutes into our 'cuddling' one of the windows shot up and open and then slammed down and shut.
Good job my g/f had run out of the room before me otherwise I might have trampled here on my way out.
Went bacl later and there was no sign of any of the paint being damaged and the window still wouldn't open.
Another time I was wiring a hairdressing salon at night and heard people running around upstairs (the building was under renovation and supposedly empty) so I grabbed a hammer and ran upstairs shouting,pushed the door open and there was no-one there.
Went back downstairs and heard it again so ran back up same thing,no-one there but the windows were misted up and there was something like a light mist hanging just below the ceiling.
I left and only worked there during the day and with other trades around me.
I put it down to the fact most of the buildings in my home town and even a lot of England are hundreds of years old so if things like ghosts exist they should be there.

When I was less than 9, my sister was always afraid to sleep alone. She was 3 year older than me. She would pay me or give me her radio's to stay in the room with her every night. One night she was teaching me to count in spanish and she ask me if I was feeling sick. I said no why, she said I am, then she puked all over me. I screamed with a blood curdling sound and poor ol Daddy came to the rescue with a 45 colt western revolver and a sheet tied around himself.

I never stayed with her again so she walked to my granny's every night to stay with her. Then she would pay me to walk her up their every night.

Nothin to do with ghost but, I am affraid of puke.

Bob W....

Having been in in London and into Scotland I can say that I agree that most of the buildings have been around for centuries....beautiful but erie to go thru at times....it's odd standing in places that date back to the 1200's and such....it was also really cool as well.....didn't have any unusual experience other than at the William Wallace Castle...saw a hazing reflection of a man standing behind me in one of the glass cases displaying some items, when I turned around there was nobody there or even around...when I looked back into the glass the reflection was gone as well....told the lady at the info center and she said it happens all the time...sent a wee chill up the spine...

Love this stuff. Told this story on some board before but can't remember where or when.
Back when i was married, about March of '84 we were driving down to Phoenix from Albuquerque. We are south of Flagstaff on I-17 about 10pm in a very heavy wet snowstorm. Pitch black night, headlights only good for about 25 ft. Going about 30 mph and the only car on the road we pass a slender middle aged looking fellow dressed neatly but wearing just a thin jacket walking on the shoulder.Some of this has to be just quick impression because it was totally black out with just the quick passing of the headlights. I've got my wife and four little kids asleep in the station wagon at first i don't even consider stopping.
But my conscience kicked in and the guy looked ok other than the fact that he was walking along the road in a near blizzard in absolute total darkness and had no reaction to the passing car. So i crept along until i found a acceptable place to make an illegal u-turn on the interstate, drive back two or three miles, another u-turn and slowly pull up to this guy still walking with a very straight posture but taking no notice of us thru the snow in total darkness. I brought the car to a stop just ahead of him, my wife opens her door and yells out to this dark figure in the tailights "do you need a ride?"
( well duh!)
No response....wife slams the door and says "let's get out of here,somethings not right!". I'm not taking any more chances with my family so we left this guy walking casually along a remote hiway in a near blizzard, in total darkness. I did not notice at the time but i really doubt he was leaving any tracks.

Last edited:
Now that would freak me out.....

What do you really think? Cause most people don't buy into this stuff....don't think I would either unless I hadn't experience some of it....

Subliminal messages

No, this isn't about Ozzy Osbourne. :D

I was the eternal skeptic on the subject of "spirits", until I experienced something I cannot explain. 25 years ago, my uncle passed away. His widow (my aunt), used to listen to taped "therapy" before bed every night. (She was a little off-center, and yes, the tapes were psychological crap of some sort). A short while later, my aunt reluctantly told my mother that she could hear my uncle's voice and messages on one of the tapes. My mother told me about it, and I immediately called BS. Then we listened to the tape. The voice and the things it said were unmistakably my uncle. He had never been recorded on tape in his life, nor did my aunt have the knowledge or the means to dub it in. She kept the tape in a safe place for a few years. When she played it again, the voice was gone.

“This highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . .
Next stop The Twilight Zone. " - Rod Serling

I love this stuff too! Well, when I was about 7 or 8 I was at a friend`s house.
It was this big old two story farm house. Don`t really know how old it was, but it had to be atleast thirty years old in the 1980`s Anyway, we were the only ones in the house, her parents were picking up eggs at the chicken houses. We were playing a board game or something on the floor in the living room when the TV, which had been off all morning turned on by itself. We were nowhere around it! We just looked at one another, kinda stunned. After a minute she reached over and turned it off. It never happened again. But I always felt like someone or something was watching me while I was in that house.
Her and my brother said they found what they said looked like an old grave in the woods behind the house. I never saw it, so I don`t know if they were messing with us or not.

Another saga in the Cass St. Home.....

(not a psych center by the way)lol.....anyway...this entity hated women...pushed my mother down the stairs....she sweared till the day she passed that someone pushed her and she didn't just trip or slip on the stairs....tormented my sister to no end.....and it would throw pots and pans off the drying rack on the sink and knock things off of tables......anytime the women were home....I on the other hand...never experienced any of that and felt almost protected while I live there....not sure why but just got a peaceful vibe from the house....later after we moved out...they converted the house into an upper and lower flat...nobody stayed there for very long....claiming the house was haunted......it was eventually torn down to make way for Kmart store...

A friend of mine's father passed, and when all was settled he ended up with his fathers house! The house was in poor condition so he did a compleat remodel. One of the things he changed was the bathroom entrance!
Odd but the door to the restroom originally went through the kitchen, when he redid it the door entered from a hallway he added!
In the kitchen where the door used to be they kept their childs high chair.
Every morning when they would go to the kitchen the high chair would be moved to the side, just like someone was going to the restroom!

This wasn't the only thing that occured in this house! He laso said very often
also in the kitchen, they would smell the distinct aroma of his dads pipe tobacco burning!
Some other things I could never get him to talk about!! I LOVE this stuff too!!
[cl[cl

Last edited:
I think that you'd be surprised at the number

Of people who have had "experiences" like this but are afraid to tell people for fear they'll think they are nutz!! I truly feel that some people are just more a tuned to this type of stuff and others do so much to convince themselves that it doesn't exsist and can't happen that they fool themselves into thinking it doesn't......in 1989 I purchased a house that was originally owned / built by the first pharmacist in the town....the house was built in 1898....he also lived out his life here.....he was known for smoking cherry tobacco from a pipe.....both my wife and kids at times would smell the odor of cherry tobacco coming from the den where the fireplace was...no one in my house smoked nor did we allow anyone to smoke in the house....it would be there for about 15 or 20 minutes and then disappear.....also, my wifes grandfather came to stay with us until he passed....he loved my wife very much and when she was a child she helped him raise rabbits and chickens in a home not far from our house... he would sit for hours in our rocker on the front porch and watch the squirrels and birds and hand feed them from that chair....on sunny days that chair would start rocking even without any wind blowing or anyone around....actually found it kind of nice that he was still watching out for us.....

Now days, everyone has a camera with them, and with digital cameras, there are so many easy ways to capture every movement on film. Proving that ghosts are real.
So there is now no arguement. This picture is not photoshopped......

ghost.jpg

Latest posts

Back