Pavement draggin long box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So my brother in laws co worker inharited an a.d. chevy. The guy is very green when it come to the world of fab work. I tried to buy the truck from him but he was heel bent on doin something with it. Well now my brother in law are doin it for him. All new running gear but leavin the patina on the body. Kinda like my chevy, a street rat of sorts. Mustang ii front end, tubular a arms, disc brakes, 8.8 for rear, disc brakes, speedway four link, new chevy 350 and a 700r4. Kinda my first build for my shop. We are doin the fab work then he wants to finish the bolt on stuff. We will probably get the truck back to finish up some things later on. I still need to finish welding the rear up and im goin to move the bag mounts around also. It doesnt quite tough the ground yet. Then well. Bump stop it ever so slighty.

Thanks guys! Started thursday afternoon cleanin off the frame and its rollin again by friday about 7 pm. Not to shabby i think. He also dropped off a brand new long block. So we will be mountin that and the tranny up later this weekend

Thanks guys! Started thursday afternoon cleanin off the frame and its rollin again by friday about 7 pm. Not to shabby i think. He also dropped off a brand new long block. So we will be mountin that and the tranny up later this weekend

Got a few min on the fraame this evening. Re adjusted the rear bag mounts. They where binding up when aired down and it didnt lay out level. Should be good now. Back to welding [;)

Thanks guys! It got shocks, bump stops and finish wrlded this morning. Next weekend is motor and tranny mounts then its goin home.

Can't wait to see the body on it! Are those rear frame plates something purchased? That is gonna ride nice.

You have done some killer fab work on that chassis. He should be happy with what has been done for him. [cl

Latest posts

Back