plumbing fuel lines

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

so i am in the progress of getting fuel lines all plumbed out, tho my pump, regulator, and fuel cell all have an fittings. so from pump to regulator runs an AN-10, tho i was going to run steel/aluminum line along the frame to cut down cost on. is 1/2 over kill or can it be taken down to a 3/8 line?

from carb to fuel regulator i have the dual carb and fuel line kit running AN-6, so thats all taken care of.

from regulator to pump, im planning on running a an-10/npt 1/2 fitting then running formed lines along the frame/firewall back to the fuel pump. again using another an to npt fitting.

from pump to fuel cell just a an-10 to an-8 line

for the fuel return i am going to do the same thing as fuel feed. run an an-8 to npt 3/8 fitting and run steel line back to the fuel cell than run another fitting with a short flex line to the tank.

am i better off running a 1/2 line mated to the an-10 fitting or can i get away with running a 3/8 line to such? feeding a twin turbo 500!?

Just my opinion but I would run the 1/2 inch everywhere I could. That beast is going to be real thirsty. It would be a disaster to have it lean out from poor fuel delivery, at 6000 RPM, under full boost.

Just my opinion but I would run the 1/2 inch everywhere I could. That beast is going to be real thirsty. It would be a disaster to have it lean out from poor fuel delivery, at 6000 RPM, under full boost.
Yep 1/2 supply line 3/8 return you wont be sorry.

The answer to your question depends on your pump and regulator combo as well. There are some that recommend the same diameter supply and return.

a1000 pump and corresponding regulator. pump has an-10 and the tank has an-8 feed/return. regulator has inlet of an AN-10, return of AN-8 and (2) AN-6 feed lines for the carb, plus a small AN for gauge.

im going to run an fittings and prefabbed lines, except for when i need to run hard line the length of the vehicle. so the 1/2 feed line, and 3/8 return line.

Latest posts

Back