plymouth trucks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rust Rod

any one got any pics of some plymouth truck rat rods, i have a 36 cab that i want to start on after i finish my rock crawler. I want to see how they look chopped and fenderless.

thanks

That's what I'm building. Actually a '39 Dodge, but the body is exactly the same as the Plymouth of those years.

Don

Attachments

• dodge making some progress on front end 004.jpg
    dodge making some progress on front end 004.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 77
  • dodge more work on front end and bed 008.jpg
    dodge more work on front end and bed 008.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 91
2007_0422CameraNew0010.jpg

'38 Dodge with '36 Dodge 1-1/2 ton radiator shell with 11" sectioned out of it. Body and box sides (shortened) are original. Channeled 4". Not chopped (I was chicken).

i think im gonna go for somthin like big block skottys, i really like it, but i want a shorter front end like dons and a longer bed.

hey bob w do u have any pics of the rear of yours?

http://killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=2856

i really like how he suicided his front end hiding the spring and i have a old chrysler imperial grill that has sorta the same shape but comes to more of a point at the end.

Last edited:
36-37 dodge and plymouth are my favorite trucks they have some beautiful lines , especially the front fenders

Attachments

• a37dodge-1823 (Medium).jpg
    a37dodge-1823 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 39
There are sure some nice looking mopar trucks! Heres a pic of our truck. 1941 dodge not finished yet but were starting to put some miles on it.

Attachments

• DSC01565 [640x480].JPG
    DSC01565 [640x480].JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 58
my plymouth

thanks rust rod, it is chopped 7 inches and z,ed 15 inches and the bed is 48 inches long, i made the bed out of fridge sides, it was real cheap ,i bought a 86 cutlass for 100.00 bucks and pulled the engine, tranny, rearend out of it and im using that, im busy at work ( john deere ) right now so i dont have much time to work on it ,next thing is brakes so i can try it out,....

the fridge...

hey rust rod, i am trying to build this truck as cheap as possible, and when it came time to make the bed i knew i needed sheet metal, on the way home from work i drove past this fridge on the side of the road and i stopped and got out , looked at the fridge for a moment and thought what a perfect way to make the bedsides, hey rust rod, the back of the bed is cut out from a freezer haha, the front of the box is cut out of a side by side fridge door, i look at it this way, free sheet metal and i take the rest to the scrap yard and get 20.00 or 30.00 bucks for whats leftover for beer money..hey it works for me , i went shopping today and bought a carb ( 35.00 ) and some nice headers, rear tail lights ? and picked up some more sheet metal lol take care...

Latest posts

Back