prayer request-trouble on the home front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
well i have been relatively silent about this but cannot hold it in any longer...

me & wife had a "ruff season" last yr and since september have been working on things thru a counselor, but after 15 years of marriage, 12 years of ministry and 3 kids, she is now looking for a place of her own...

i am at peace with ther fact that i have tried as hard as i know how to make her happy especially in these last few months, but to no avail, she is "done"

i really feel for people when going through something like this, even more now

please pray for my family and our church as we deal with all of this...

all i can do now is focus on my "hotrod work" and love my kids...
i leave the rest up to God, but it is not easy

Going thru the same thing HRP...Hang in there....things have a reason...even if we can't understand them...cr

Sorry to hear that, we will be thinking of you and keep your head up times are rough now but it will get better.

Im new here and do not know a lot of people yet buy I do know Jesus and I know that he will work All things out for His Glory. Just put it in God's hands and he will take care of it.We all go through struggles but it through these struggles that we become who we are. God has a plan in this and all you can do it let Him work.I will pray that God restores your marrage and give your wife back but remember in the end, it's his call.Bless you brother.Oh yes, Im a preacher too.:):)

Stay strong bro ! I've been through this type of"storm" a couple of times myself.It'll make the strongest man on earth feel empty inside when things arent going well in the "home". What I did learn from those empty times is it does get better. If wrenching on your cars is what you have as a distraction, go out in the garage and get dirty! It may take awhile, but before you know it,the birds'll be tweeting, the rainbows will be out,and the clouds'll clear. I'll pray tonight that God helps you find your way through this storm soon !

A friend of mine went through this 25 years ago and his church rejected him when he re-married. He had two beautiful daughters and a gread 2nd marriage. He died in January and I miss him every day. Lloyd

Stay strong bro ! I've been through this type of"storm" a couple of times myself.It'll make the strongest man on earth feel empty inside when things arent going well in the "home". What I did learn from those empty times is it does get better. If wrenching on your cars is what you have as a distraction, go out in the garage and get dirty! It may take awhile, but before you know it,the birds'll be tweeting, the rainbows will be out,and the clouds'll clear. I'll pray tonight that God helps you find your way through this storm soon !

That says a lot.

Don't let yourself become vengeful and petty even when others are. It's an easy abyss to be sucked into. At least I didn't have kids when I went through it, so I'll pray for them.

Ah man,Preacher, any of us who have been through this know what you are going through. There is nothing good about it. It was the darkest period of my life when my wife of 28 years and I divorced and it turns your whole life upside down. It hurts and only time makes it better, and I guarantee you that in a year you will feel much better about it......and it does take just about that long to totally heal.

Now for the talk that a buddy would give you in a situation like this. The cold hard fact is, women are just plain nuts. They think there is this Knight in shining armor who is out there somewhere who is going to make their lives like the Kardashians. They live in a fantasy world and are not happy and are not going to let us be happy. And, contrary to what logic would tell us, deep down they do not want a "nice guy" they find that boring. We think if we treat them well and with respect we will get that same treatment returned...........WRONG! :mad:

In my own circle of friends I have a few friends who are going through what you are going through right now. They are confused as h*** because they have tried everything to make her happy and none of it has worked. It isn't going to work because basically they do not like us. We are in the way of them getting to the guy who will sweep them off of their feet and make their life wonderful.

My ex thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, and that her Doctor boyfriend was going to be there for her forever. She now lives alone in a one bedroom apartment, lonely, and tells me she made a mistake. Yes she did, but it was an irrepairable mistake that caused us to lose a home that was almost paid off, and for me to have to basically start over at 51 years old. I have "forgiven" her for the sake of my Sons and am cordial with her, but I will never forget that she thought nothing of throwing me to the curb.

So, if that sounds bitter............YEP ! :D HOWEVER, I am happier that I have been in my entire life because I am now single and will stay that way forever. All that I am trying to tell you is that you are on the first step of a healing process that will take some time and have some ups and downs. You are doing the right thing by talking about it and letting some of the pain out. The way you know you are getting better is when you get tired of hearing yourself repeat the sad story over and over again.............that will tell you the healing is taking place.

Good luck Preacher. Your buddies here on the forum are here for you.

Don

Been there, twice. Never really got over the first one. Second one I never missed. One thing I do know is this, by the time they tell you they want out, they are already gone and the touchy feely counselors are just a wallet purge and nothing more.
I don't envy you bro. Hang in there and just consider it part of your journey, very few relationships last forever.

you guys dont kno how much your comments and encouragement mean to me...

i do have a long list of projects to keep me busy... but i am sure things will never be the same...

Latest posts

Back