prayer request-trouble on the home front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not giving my $.02, but something I did. One day it hit the fan again so grabed the handycam set it on the dresser and hit record. A couple days later I sat down and watched it. Knowing people do stupid thing out of anger, I wanted to see what I was doing that was so wrong. Watching as a third person gives a hole new light to things. I found out two things, I need to loose some weight and there is a chance I'm not insane. For awhile if things started going south I would say I'm not talking till she watches the video. Almost a year later she still won't watch it, but the home front is calmer.

Not giving my $.02, but something I did. One day it hit the fan again so grabed the handycam set it on the dresser and hit record. A couple days later I sat down and watched it. Knowing people do stupid thing out of anger, I wanted to see what I was doing that was so wrong. Watching as a third person gives a hole new light to things. I found out two things, I need to loose some weight and there is a chance I'm not insane. For awhile if things started going south I would say I'm not talking till she watches the video. Almost a year later she still won't watch it, but the home front is calmer.

**Now thats a great idea! Me and the ole lady have used the camcorder to film us doing everything except fighting! Hahaha! Gotta remember it next time !

Sorry guys! When I posted #42,I didnt mean to hijack, just thought HRP needed something to at least for a second "smile or chuckle "about something other than whats going on his world. I remember when I went through funky times with my first wife,it was my friends that got me through it keeping my mind off of the wall I was about to hit by making me laugh about other things. Sorry again. GOOD INTENTIONS/BAD DELIVERY .

Watching as a third person gives a hole new light to things. I found out two things, I need to loose some weight and...

That is a brilliant idea! Not so you can play 'gotcha' with the other, but just to get a check on your own view of reality. I bet most would watch themselves and see someone they don't want to be.

It's also funny how I can look in the mirror sideways and think "I'm not 'too' fat." but I see a picture of myself from the side and I realize I look as thick as a barn!

(A barn made of hardened steel and chiseled granite :D)

(with a large grain storage facility :p)

I too thought Preacher might need a little chuckle. Laughter is the best medicine.

When I was going through my divorce a very good friend stuck to me like glue. He made sure I had someone to tell my sad stories too, got me out for drinks almost every night, and never complained that he had heard the same tale of woe a hundred times from me already. He got me to see that life does go on and was the good friend who kicks you in the butt to stop feeling sorry for yourself.

He passed away in 2001 and I really miss him. :(

Don

I was Just poke'n fun at the hi-jacking the thread, HRP would do the same for any of us (I mean the hi-jacking). He needs a good laugh any ways.

Sam I would need to build a big barn to off set the size of my storage bin.

I was Just poke'n fun at the hi-jacking the thread, HRP would do the same for any of us (I mean the hi-jacking). He needs a good laugh any ways.

Sam I would need to build a big barn to off set the size of my storage bin.

**Well in that case I got pictures ! Uh maybe not-Wrong kinda website ![ddd

only getting uglier

well she threatened me so i left, now she won't leave, using kids as "human shields" IMO anyway she has gotten really particular about where she wants to move to - our rent house beside my shop...

which would mean evicting a family of 4, and me not wanting to go to my shop,
still accusing me of being the mean n ugly one, all while she threatens me with lawyers, etc.

i really am not enjoying all of this, but when u mix in the fact of this being a pastor n wife living in a church owned parsonage it gets really bad!

and spare me the pics for "obvious reasons" :p

HRP, I just read all this and my prayers are going out to you.

Although I have never been through a D I have been in a similar situation with an ex long term live in girlfriend when I was 20 or so, my how the years fly.

I know things will work out for you.

Just keep to your faith and do what you feel is right.

You will pull through and be the better person for it.

Huh. She wants to live by your shop - the one place she figures you would want to be. My .02$ - she feels 'betrayed' (maybe the wrong word) by you and thinks she needs a certain reaction out of you to prove you are sorry. Thing is, nothing you do will resolve the emptiness she feels and the harder she pushes the more unresolvable it will become. Meaning she will get more demanding and spiteful no matter what you do. About the only hope I see is for her to take a few days off the warpath to get calmed down so she can think a little more rationally. As soon as she gets emotionally charged, everything you do is wrong. Again my armchair .02$

Like Don and others said, it's time to CYA.

still alive, but not as alive as i'd like:rolleyes:

sat down today and talked to her... we discussed all the bad possibilities on her living by my shop and we both (i think) agreed there might be a better choice... a rent house about a mile past my shop... it would keep kids in school district, be close to my family, and still give us both some "space"
only problem is it is not empty...just a rumor rt now that it might become available...

idk what God has planned, but this is my prayer right now...for her to get a place like that...
for everyone's sake...

as for me n this church, they are very supportive, but i do not want to pull them down in all of this...and if it doesnt resolve soon i may resign for their sake,

ltr, HRP

I'm thinking the congregation might be understanding if you took a month away from your duties with the church. I'm not sure how all that works, but it sure seems too important to you to just walk away from. You might want to discuss that with those it concerns before making the decision to quit.

Glad to hear she is being civil. That last post sounded like it was going down quick!

Sam this was a special service today, i felt like i had to be there for it, but the church has offered me some time off before i make any lasting decision

thanks again for all the prayers guys we need them

HRP, i'm still praying for you...We have to keep in mind God does things in his own time frame and not ours. A preacher freind of mind once told me that he gives answers in "yes" and "no", we just have to wait for the answer when he gets ready to give us the answer we need to be listening. It will all work out according to his plan,dont give up. We know he knows what he is doing but that dont mean we understand at that moment. This rough time may not be directed at you at all,unfornatally you may be catching the shrapnel. Remember Job...he keep the faith and it all worked out.

Latest posts

Back