Priorities Gentleman

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
It's been snowing for at least 24hrs. Got up this morning to start the coffee and get ready to go to church. Just as the coffee was about to be prepaired the electricity went off.....RED ALERT no coffee.

Coffee emergency plan into full effect.

1: Shovel path to BBQ to melt non yellow snow. Save well reserve tanks for toilet use. (I have lots of trees to choose from, the wife, well thats another story.)
2: Dig generator out of shop to run coffee bean grinder and run pellett stove to keep house warm.
3: Get out the French press to brew coffee.
4: Cook breakfast on grill.
5: Wait for power to come back on. It did around 1:00

Attachments

• coffeewater.jpg
    coffeewater.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
  • coffeegrind.jpg
    coffeegrind.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 54
  • powerlines.jpg
    powerlines.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 34
  • driveway2008.jpg
    driveway2008.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
cycledog
We are on the "wet" side,where are you?
We loved your pictures.
What,no Starbucks near by?

Fred

Hey thanks for the reply. I spent some time in Cheney back in '76 and really liked it. Are you anywhere near there? Looks like you have some beautiful property. How much property do you have? Our nearest Starbucks is 22 miles away in North Gig Harbor. We live on the Key Peninsula and frequently lose power due to wind so we can well relate to the coffee emergency....
Fred

That looks like some real snow, we do not get that around these parts much any more.
So, did you make it to church? I see some tire tracks in that last photo that makes me think you just may have braved it.

Coffee emergency plan into full effect.

1: Shovel path to BBQ to melt non yellow snow. Save well reserve tanks for toilet use. (I have lots of trees to choose from, the wife, well thats another story.)
2: Dig generator out of shop to run coffee bean grinder and run pellett stove to keep house warm.
3: Get out the French press to brew coffee.
4: Cook breakfast on grill.
5: Wait for power to come back on. It did around 1:00

Hey... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I had to use my generator to make coffee once too... because of a tornado... not snow!!! As soon as I finished with all the hassle of diggin' out the generator etc, made my coffee... the power came back on!!! I guess timing is everything! ; - >

Hey... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I had to use my generator to make coffee once too... because of a tornado... ; - >

I would really prefer snow to a tornado..expierienced one once, that was enough for me.

That looks like some real snow, we do not get that around these parts much any more.
So, did you make it to church? I see some tire tracks in that last photo that makes me think you just may have braved it.

Nope, wife said she wasn't going anywhere without showering first. But I did have to go get gas for the generator:rolleyes:

Great pics Cycledog. I can definately relate. Its a panic situation when you can't get your coffee.:D

lol the trouble we go to for a cup of coffee :D great pics my wife wants to move north so she can play in the snow

Omg Gotta Get The Go Juice!!

Edit: Wtf? I can't do all caps? Wheres the fun in that?

Im ready for spring !
I spent 2hrs digging my dodge ram out this morn.I guess 2ft of snow and a truck that the rockers are about 6in off the ground is a bad combo.....Darn lowerd trucks !

Hey Easties! (eastern washington)

15 miles north of Pasco, WA... got 12" on the ground and drifts up to two and a half feet. Had to plow the driveway to get out today. Hope the forecast for tonight is wrong... and tomorrow's forecast is worse. The kids are getting cabin fever! Went out to the shop, got the woodstove fired up, and got some good stuff done on the cars today tho'. This is my first of 12 yrs of having a shop with a heat source... I am extatic. No more hybernating projects.
The snow could go away at anytime.

we have to have gotten at least 8 inches on the last round but theres like 12 on the ground with temps too low too burn any off..............12:30 am here now and its sposed to be snowing but isn't so maybe we will get lucky

Latest posts

Back