Proud owner: 54 Studbaker project... where do i start?? lol

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54baker

I'm 42 years young and just picked up this 54 Studebaker project that was in a barn behind the pix. (thank you Craigslist). I can weld and am good with wood and am very creative. I'm pumped about this project. I also have an 8 year old son that i hope will enjoy this with me as long as i can be patient. It has a 400sbc, with 350 turbo. It is a 54 3/4 ton 3r5 with a 49 2r front straight axle fitted with 76 caprice rotors and hubs. No calipers or brackets yet. It needs: wood floors, lights, front axle moved forward, radiator, grill, ignition wiring (donor car or new??), the box needs moved up and leveled. The cab is welded solid. all glass is in the truck. Has brand new rubber. And it's now mine for $1,800. I think i was blessed. Please feel free to give me some pointers. I'll start searching the forums...

Attachments

• baker1.jpg
    baker1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 21
  • baker2.jpg
    baker2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 18
  • baker4.jpg
    baker4.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 19
  • baker7.jpg
    baker7.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to the site
Go ahead and start a build thread and we'll all follow along with any advice you require.

Oh man, I dig that Studlybaker body style, and you are way ahead in some ways, but as you say needing in others. Quite the score. Build thread, and you will be amazed at the advice and talent on this website! Welcome! :)

I love those trucks...there's one that shows up a cruise night nearby and it's beautiful...great lines. Looks like you have quite a project on your hands though...good luck with it. Wiring? For the price of a brand new EZ or Rebel, I'd highly recommend that you pick up one of those instead of trying to remove and repurpose one.....just my two cents.

Good luck and keep us posted - and we do love pictures around here.

I love those trucks...there's one that shows up a cruise night nearby and it's beautiful...great lines. Looks like you have quite a project on your hands though...good luck with it. Wiring? For the price of a brand new EZ or Rebel, I'd highly recommend that you pick up one of those instead of trying to remove and repurpose one.....just my two cents.

Good luck and keep us posted - and we do love pictures around here.

What is an EZ or Rebel?

Latest posts

Back