Racecar to RATROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been knocking away at it. Got the headers and tips fitted. Had some stainless 3" and made some tips and turnouts out of a 3"90 cut in half. Was wanting to do something different but had theese and ran good on the track so why not.
Started working on the rack and machined some ends for it because those pencil size tir rods made me a lil nervous. Going to work on mounting the rack and will show ya what i got so far.

Attachments

• deea79c1e359.jpg
    deea79c1e359.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 35f0f4245c63.jpg
    35f0f4245c63.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 17b0ddb4775d.jpg
    17b0ddb4775d.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Rack 1.jpg
    Rack 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 94
A couple of weeks ago i got the oil cooler and dual remote filters mounted. Put a couple of pics out there for yall to check out.

Attachments

• Engine 11-08-09.jpg
    Engine 11-08-09.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 164
Believe it or not I am still lugging away on the ole 41. Got the front end finished tonight and wanted to shoot some pics out there for yall to check out. Got some QA1 coil overs during the holidays and just got them on. Ran the steering shaft with a couple of joints and for the first time turned it with the steering wheel. The tie rod ends i made worked great . No longer worrying about a weak link in the steering department. I know the IFS isn't most peoples choices in here but its what i had lying around the shop minus the short coil overs. For the body i believe i may split the front end and add whatever needed to cover it all up. But you can bet it will go done the road WAO before that happens.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 89
  • rrs01.jpg
    rrs01.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 172
  • rrs5.jpg
    rrs5.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 122
  • rrs8.jpg
    rrs8.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
  • rrs6.jpg
    rrs6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 109
This has to be one of the best looking trucks I've seen. The stances is perfectly and as mean a looking ride I have ever seen. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.[cl[P

Thanks for all the comments. No it doesnt have power steering but maybe later after i put some miles on it. If i do i will run the pump off the rearend to keep the front clean. That will be where the alternator runs from anyway why not one more pulley. sometime next week i am going to take everything apart to do some touch up welding and bracing of the frame. Planning on Flat black EVERYTHING except wheels they will be polished alum. Going to use the cowl air intake as a ram air into the air cleaner

I've not checked in on you in awhile and it's nice to see the progress. Very cool. I like the dash, it turned out nice. You've kept the same theme throughout the ride, good job.

Glad your still around CNC. Hope everything's been going good with you and the family. Yeh been lugging away at it and still staying true to my build.

Whats up sam? What is a Juggernaut

Sorry about the quality Earthman. Will get the EOS out this weekend and snap some for ya. Anything specific you looking for. Its so easy to pull my phone out of my pocket, Guess i am just being lazy. LOL

I placed the hood on it and will need to make a filler piece in the center of it but just cant bring myself to cutting and welding on a very nice hood. What do yall think? Wont run it all the time just want to make with or without the front end. Going to weld it all together and flip it forward.

Lordy,lordy I just discovered this build! I wish I could go for a ride. You know, when you just wanna scare the sh#t out of some one! That thing on the street is something that I am just not responsible enough to own.

And the bench, all I can say is wow.

thanks for the comments. I cant wait to get it on the road and completely burn the tires off of it. Front and rear. Guess i will have to wait. Going to work on it this weekend. Will post some good pics sometime this weekend. Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Back