Racecar to RATROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started on mounting the jerry cans in the rear last night. Think its going to work out pretty good. Going to plumb it from the bottom so it will look like they can be used. Tell me what ya think. Still workin on video. Also got battery in place. Made battery box out of 11ga with box pan break. Had to modify it to get battery in. Guess no one in here has never Modified anything on theirs before.LOL

Attachments

• Gas Tanks.jpg
    Gas Tanks.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Gas Tanks.a.jpg
    Gas Tanks.a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 97
  • gastanks b.jpg
    gastanks b.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 101
  • gastanks d.jpg
    gastanks d.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 96
  • gas tanks e.jpg
    gas tanks e.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 99
Well, lugging away at it. Got the tanks all mounted and like it allot. Looks like i have 2 jerry cans sitting in the back. All plumbing is at bottom out of sight. I am using water hose gromets to seal the fittings. They are 3/4 #8 AN fittings. Not sure they are going to hold up to fuel. Might make some out of gasket material. Also got holley fuel filter mounted to frame. Next is the brakes. Nice to keep the shop in order while doing the small stuff.

Thanks Annamel I helped a buddy with a AMCA Mod the last 2 years with the Z link. With your rear set-up you will have all of that extra forward bite. You will have plenty with the soft tires and pavement. WOW Are you thinking of building a pu. bed for it (step-side tubed) with a spoiler?
Check out the old school Zink Cormate (? sp) was used for on air craft light greenish color done with your bleed though. Just an idea.
Keep working we are watching now.

Wow! Thanks for posting this picture. Looks like at least part of it started out as a fire truck, but what make/year? Looks like you could run over something (small house) and not even notice.

The cowl and windshield appear to be Seagrave somewhere around 1950.

The engines look like they could be seagrave V12's

Thanks gopower and flipper. Yeh it looks similar to the photo i found on the net. Cant seem to locate the source.
Planning on getting brake lines and drive shaft done this weekend and setting the cab on it. Been working some tough hours lately. Too beat to get anything done this week. Been building a new truck for my new boss. 20 years self employed and things too slow for me and BILL. Went to work for a buddy of mine. Figured i would show you the one that's done. The next one will be faster. Guy in the picture is a friend of mine told him to stand there to get a scale of it.

Attachments

• Mud truck.jpg
    Mud truck.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 118
I HATE BODY WORK. Tell ya what, I will build anybody a frame like mine if they will fix my mess of a cab! If i didnt have so much work in this junk i would trash it and get another, even if i had to drive out west! Can ya tell i am frustrated? My a post are mucked up and i glassed over them and yep its kinda like puttin makeup on an ugly girl. Shes still ugly. But anyway here are some shots of it so far. Oh yeah the motor is runnin great and havent gotten a video yet for ya.

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 117
  • firewall A.jpg
    firewall A.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 124
  • firewall B.jpg
    firewall B.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 129
2 minutes later and i looked at the pics i posted. Dont let them fool you. Its looks good on film. Back to the ugly girl saying. She looks good from far away. Far far away.

Butterface LOL never heard that. F250 left me on side of road , Working on it instead of the good one. Should have it fixed by this weekend. Still workin on cab and should be able to post pics this weekend.

Latest posts

Back