Rat Rod kid

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes36DodgeRatRod

I am new member of this site and want to introduce you who I am. Wes is my name and I am in high school. The reason I joined here is because I just got a 1936 Dodge truck (it is still at my friend's farm and will bring it home soon) and I want to get it into rat rod for my senior project (I am now in 11th grade). Your feedbacks, experiences and sharing photos of your ratrods would be greatly appreciated and helpful to get my project started.
Is there albums somewhere in this site I could view?

Thank you! :cool:

RatRodly yours,

Wes

Welcome to RRR. Great to have you young guys getting into the hobby. There are several guys about your age on here with some great projcts going on. Check out the Photos and Build threads for lots of pictures.

Shouldn't you be in school???:D

Yes today I am supposed to be in school at 9am (it is approx 7:40am my time - Washington St). I am just so excited because last night was the moment I got the greatest news that I am going to be the owner of 1936 Dodge. Tempting to look for more information on rat rods and thanks for the reminder I have school today.:D

Don't blame you for being excited! Still happens to me when I get a new project. If it doesn't the this isn't the hobby for you. Make sure to post some pics when you get your truck. Don't be afraid to ask questions or for advice there is a lot of great guys here with tons of knowledge to share.

I got to get some work done now! Later :rolleyes:

hello wes, welcome to the site, i am fairly new here as well and i am building a 39 plymouth truck, simular to yours, its been fun and do ask questions if you get suck on something because these guys will help you out, remember to post lots of pics of your build from when you first pull it in your yard to the first ride...

Welcome from Kitsap County. I am a young rodder too I suppose at 24. I didn't start doing this stuff until 19 so congrats to you for getting on it real early.

Here are some pics for inspiration. Its a 36 Dodge that a guy named Scott (chuckles garage) built. This truck was a huge inspiration for my build. Enjoy!

He started with this:
l_1ae0f9918dc71d57be7b4841f043cfcf.jpg

And turned it into this:
l_9e1775398e78cc30833f012d3dfb1bb0.jpg

l_39d080cfad128c71dd2ababb21e94a25.jpg

l_bc0f1e85022b6a540754b971fd10d723.jpg

welcome, welcome, welcome, ahhh those high school daze. i mean days. what an excellent time to build your truck good luck and ask and post away! these guys are great,, dp1

Welcome Wes. Very glad to see another young gun getting down and dirty with the rods. I myself have been mental for cars since birth. Enjoy your high school daze. I sure did. I was that gear head in school who had the fastest 65 Chevelle SS in town. It's true...... really. :D

another welcome goes out to ya, wes! It is great to see teenagers interested in something worthwhile! i used my old 66 ford f100 to occupy my time in high school(though my shop teacher didn't understand my fascination with loud music)
my advice is simple: don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be intimidated by anyone, and by all means do not be afraid to be yourself and build what YOU want whether the "crowd" likes it or not!:cool:

lookin forward to pics and updates!

"the older I get......the better i WAS!";):eek:

Welcome.......

Welcome Wes, glad to see another Dodge project.
Lots of information and help on this site, so don't be bashful about questions.
Enjoy your time here. '22

Welcome Wes.
Good for you!! Great to be excited about a project.
I have a young friends Model A in my shop because he wanted to put a flathead in it. Its been in there for about a year and I fear he is losing interest.
Try to keep is sorta simple on your first build and you will be driving it sooner.
Good luck.

welcome wes man i wish i had ride during shool but what the hell, man that would be kick azz to pull up at graduation in the baddest loudest and lowest kustom rat rod, id have liked pizz alot of people off back then and still do sorry bout that good luck man:cool::cool:

Welcome to RRR, Wes. Glad to have another youngen interested in this part of the hobby. (rather than the import,tuner stuff) Look forward to seeing pics & progress of your Dodge. Don't be afraid to ask questions. No shortage of those willing to help out.

Latest posts

Back