rear springs and shocks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawman

basically what the title says I need to figure out what coil springs and shocks to use and how to mount them. I got a ford 9'' that is supposed to be out of a 79' Torino, but dont know. it happens to have spring perches at 34'' on center and that works for the spring perches that are already on my frame. the only thing I dont like is the perches on the axle are not centered over the axle, but sit forward of the axle a few inches. if I go with a regular coil spring it needs to be like 3 1/4'' ID to fit the axle spring perches and probably 8'' tall. any ideas of what spring I should use? my other problem is I dont know how heavy the rear is. it is a 27 fiberglass t bucket with a 4.3L v6 and 700r4. does anyone know what the weight might be? i am guessing 500-1000LBS. coil over springs would make it easy, but I looked through speedway and I dont have $400 for a pair of coilover style spring/shocks. does anyone know where I can find a good deal on some coil overs? I was also wondering if coil overs out of a motor cycle would be too light duty?

Latest posts

Back