Regrets, selling vehicles.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Everyone seams to have a vehicle or two that they regret selling. What was yours? I have three. My first truck. 69 Chevy C10. My first car 79 TA with a big block, and my bus. A 1984 model 10 eagle touring bus rv conversion.

Here's the bus

busair.jpg

busside.jpg

The TA
6321F556-C160-4E1B-89D9-E21A667F49B6-705-000000EDE953C9DF.jpg

That's me when I was 15, in the stripped shirt. I should of died in that car so many times it's not funny.
And I don't have any of the C10.

I was cleaning out my photo bucket and it got me thinking about all the rides I wish I still had.

I found the TA several years later. It had the interior ripped out and set til was sitting on the ground. Guy wouldn't sale it and it was eventually towed by the city. It never went to the auction like its suppose to tho.

The C10 ended up being another young mans first truck with a fresh power plant and I still see it sometimes on the road.

The bus went to a complete idiot who destroyed the drivetrain and who ran into everything under the sun. This one is the biggest regret because I was forced to sale it for half it's value and then I heard about its current condition. Makes me want to throw up! Bus only had 60k on it.

So many over the years that I can't remember them all. If I only knew then what I know now ! :rolleyes:

Just to name a few, my first tripower 66 GTO I bought new, or my 63 Bonneville convertible, also tripower. The 47 Ford fordor that had 50,000 miles on it and original Rader spoked mags, and our 68 Mustang drag car that had a 351 Cleveland in it and ran mid 11's.

But the one I think about the most was a 32 Austin Bantam B/ Altered that had original Halibrand mags (REAL MAGS) front and rear and an injected Hilborn 301 Chevy. Why I ever sold that one I have no idea. :(

Don

70 plum crazy 383 4 speed superbee......I will have another even if its a clone

BTW......I restore 79 and 80 T/A's for a guy......I hate them but its paying work....here is the last car I did for him
IMG_0561.jpg

My first vehicle. A 1972 C-10 that had low miles, had a nice 2 year old paint job and spotless interior. It had a 6 cylinder and 3 speed on the column. I sold it because I was tired of putting clutches in it. I shouldve kept it and put an auto trans in it. Young and dumb

71 dodge dart "swinger special" spanish gold poly with factory black tuck n roll with a 69 front clip, slant six experimental 225X with solid lifters from a 69 belvedere, 8.75" posi, 4 speed and bench seat shifter from a duster. tore it down and never finished it dad told me to get rid of it.

68 442 with rally pack and the the high compression 400 big block...sold to pay bills 1996

1963 GMC on a 75 C30 suburban 4x4 chassis and 36" tires..blew engine dad told me to get rid of it

1971 firebird with a 454 and 4 speed..sold to pay bills 2009

1996 mack ch613 special order, 454 mack-13 speed 3:87 rears 24.5 tires... sold to pay bills 2009

100_0773.jpg100_1354.jpgbuickgasser.jpg100_1358.jpg100_1362.jpg100_1382.jpgDSC03504.jpgcougar at bobby's.jpgtowboom pickup (2).jpgformula with 4x4 4speed hotchkiss suspension and better wheels.jpg

1985 f600 and 63 Buick skylark special I was going to build a 430bb Gasser out of (still trying to get that back) owed my brother money.
wanted to build a gasser out of it and save the 200 hp aluminum v8 for a roadster or maybe a custom bike

A 55 four door wagon I bought and the then wife said I could only own one extra car at a time, so I had to sell one of them.... She claimed, I didn't tell her I was thinking of buying it, when I told her a friend and I were going to drive five hours to look at a car, seemed pretty clear to us what the plan was. She said "either it had to go or she would"...... being smarter and wiser now.... I should have taken her up on the offer back then, would have saved me a few years of heartburn.

But then again, I may have not met the new and improved wife, that has and loves the same things I do.....

Was a sweet little car, all stock, straight six, three speed with OD, lowered. I had plans to make it a daily driver.

800x600CutlassandWagon.jpg

I still have the olds which my lovely wife loves to drive.

Here is the new gal that makes life so much fun.....

2011-04-1714.jpg

Last edited:
Torchman, that's a lot of regret! I hate selling stuff to pay bills. Those are the ones I regret.

1951 M-37 with a V8 conversion, power steering, power brakes. Sold it while going through a divorce.

1981 GMC Bus conversion. Again trying to survive during divorce.

The bus and M-37 were sweet. Had a 16 foot car hauler and the bus pulled the M-37 on the trailer. It was a great RV, and off road truck. At one time the M-37 was my daily driver for about two years.

Gold03

only two because i got one back, the one that found it's way home is my 63 chevy truck, the ones that didn't was a 72 amc javilin with the amx package and the 360 go package, the other was a 67 olds 442 400 4speed. sorry no pics of the ones that got away. but i do have some old ones of the truck somewhere.

No pic's......won't go into that story again......:(

guess it would be my 70 1/2 Trans Am....RamAirIII..4spd....Lucerne blue with white stripes black trim around the white stripe over the hood roof and deck lid....13.90's out of the box...bought it used in 72 with 6,000 miles when I got out of the service... 12.9's after some carb and dist work and a set of slicks...loved that car....all the spoilers, flares and scoops actually worked...:D be worth a few bucks today...:(

A few I wish I didn't sell, trade or wreck...

- '64 GMC. 283 - 3 on the floor.
- '54 GMC. Nice stocker.
- '63 Pontiac Parisienne convert.
- '72 Vega 355 'glide.
- '74 Cutlass w/'69 455 (Ugly grandpa car... Camaro eater.[ddd)
- '67 Impala SS 327/4 speed. Pictured with its nose bashed in :mad: (and needing a bath.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• img067.jpg
    img067.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 43
I might have a picture... We need a crying in your beer smily

Gold03

Gold... I seen a bus like that going down the interstate hauling a racecar.
it had a flip down ramp door in the back ad a headache rack behind the driver

My first vehicle. A 1972 C-10 that had low miles, had a nice 2 year old paint job and spotless interior. It had a 6 cylinder and 3 speed on the column. I sold it because I was tired of putting clutches in it. I shouldve kept it and put an auto trans in it. Young and dumb

Ill agree with your 72!
I got my hands on a 72 C10 in high school (not long ago) and mom helped me get into it. Frame up resto, absolutely beautiful truck! Turned lots of heads.

I got young and dumb and ma sold it to a neighbor....... for about 1/10 what we paid for it :/ got to watch him smoke the tires leaving for work every morning :(

1956 Olds 88 Holiday Coupe

Had one of these when I was 17. Didn't have a clue what I had. It was a super solid car too, inside and out. I'm sure I got rid of it for something stupid.

Attachments

• Oldsmobile.1956.88HolidayCoupe.jpg
    Oldsmobile.1956.88HolidayCoupe.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
I had a CJ5 in high school, the PO rebuilt the straight 6 in with some go fast parts. If I put it in granny low and dropped the clutch I could pop wheelies in it and it was awesome to see girls reactions to that, especially since they were already a little freaked out by the lack of doors. Sold it because I thought the body was too rusty, wish I had held on to it and looked for a good body.

The one I regret selling was a 66 Nova SS. I had swapped a 454 LS6 out of a 70 Chevelle into it. It was one bad hot rod. I sold it, for money for a down payment on our first house.

one more i had set up for the wife, a 79 olds delta 88 royal 2 door, had a 301 pontiac that didn't last long enough to pay off the car. i put a 75 455 and a shift kit in the th350, open air breather and true twins with glass packs. i heard all about the wife tearing up the roads and just about everything she ran against her, even had a guy follow her to the house to see what was under the hood. that car was fun.

Latest posts

Back